Nutritional supplement/meal replacement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sarahfemme, May 15, 2003.

1. sarahfemme

sarahfemme New Member

Does anone know of a good meal replacement, preferably a liquid or a powder I could mix with a liquid? I'm in too much pain to eat much but need the nutrition. I know I should be eating more but feel too bad. Drinking is so much easier right now.
    Thanks.

-Sarah
  2. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

Meal replacements for dieting are a good place to begin. I use them when I don't feel much like eating. I make mine up with either whole milk or soy milk. I've been thinking about mixing it with a banana smoothie, but I don't much like B.S's to begin with. Hope this is of some help.

Have a great day,

Jeni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2003]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure know how you feel. Food is the last thing I want when I am sick.

I also drink Ensure, the Plus if you want more calories/minerals. It really helped me.

If its too rich for you, try putting in half whole milk, or if you want water.

Sure hope you are feeling better soon. Keep us updated.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. bakron

bakron New Member

. . Is a less expensive way to go compared Ensure. It is also a Lactose Free drink with soy protein. I purchased it and was happy with it. Be sure to look at the ingredients on any nutritional product that you buy.

If you do buy a canned supplement, or even a powder, I'd recommend buying vanilla and adding frozen strawberries to get a real treat with the blender. It is like a smoothie, and much better tolerated by the taste buds. You can add other fruit if you like; however, I like to add frozen fruit to make is thick.

If you need to gain weight, add ice cream (if you can tolerate lactose). The ice cream makes a delicious milk shake drink with extra calories and balanced nutritional components for your daily needs.

You may also heat it up (not to boiling), and serve it warm with a cocoa mix. That's soothing and filling.

If you feel like you could eat hot cereal, try using the vanilla in the cereal for added nutrition.

There are all kinds of ways to become creative with the formulas on the market.