Nutritional supplements to increase energy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusAmethyst, May 20, 2006.

1. AquariusAmethyst

AquariusAmethyst New Member

I have been suffering from fibromyalgia for the last 10 year . I feel fatigued almost every day which worsens when there are flares. Can any one recommend a nutritional supplement that they have used with sucess to up the energy.
  2. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

USANA...they have helped me tremendously. I feel better than ever. My cousin, who also has CFS, takes them.

You will need to find an independent associate though, for they are not in the stores. Check out the website because the story behind it is amazing.

[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2006]
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

For years, I took supplements to increase my energy:
    COQ10; ENADA; Gingko; Cortisol; inositol/choline; tyrosine; thyroid; too many others to remember.

Then I found out I was actually increasing my brain chemical acetylcholine........the "on" switch that was leading me to my fatigue. So I was doing the "backward" approach.

Since doing neurofeedback where my chemistry is being balanced, my fatigue & depression has improved, and I cannot tolerate anything "stimulating".

Just another viewpoint.

LIGHT************carole
  4. AquariusAmethyst

Dear UsanaGirl,
    Thank you for your prompt response and your suggestion. I did look up the website and it was very interesting. What is the exact name of the Usana Product and where can one get it in the US

Thanks so much
    Aquarius
  5. AquariusAmethyst

Dear Carole,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. I guess there is always an individualized reaction to medicines and supplements. It is so confusing!
    Could you pls explain what bio feedbck is ?
    Many thanks
    Aquarius
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Biofeedback first started to treat kids w/ADD years ago. Basically it's where they work with your brain chemistry to balance it out.

Neurofeedback is the newest form of this.

So much info to share, but if you google the latter, it'll give you much more info than I can.

LIGHT************carole