Nutritional Supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tlgrossman, Jun 9, 2006.

1. tlgrossman

tlgrossman New Member

I have had fibro for over 2 years now and am wondering if there are any nutritional supplements I should be taking?

I am taking magnesium and HTP-5.
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I saw this slipping to the bottom of page 2 and thought I would bump it for you.

I have CFS/FM so what I take might not be helpful to you. Magnesium is good for pain. I think that Omega 3's and 6's would also be useful.

I take Chlorella for detox and Garlic capsules for candida so if you have those problems....

Vitamin D it seems is good for most people.

Maybe some FMers can help you out here.

Pepper
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

dlgrooman:

I believe supplements work when you get the right kind and the right balance. Although IMHO, my doc has told me there is no cure. Supplements just make life more livable.

I take about 5 supplements and I have chose them based on my own research.

Good luck on your search.

Also-I believe someone posted here about all kinds of supplements. It was a long, educational post about what natural items do what. (Maybe a search above would not hurt._

nyrofan
  4. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

I will only trust in pharmaceutical grade supplements because of knowledge on manufacturing practices here in the U.S. (over 90% will not meet label claim). It's really very alarming, not to mention, misleading.

USANA supplements have helped me gain back my life, pain free!!! :)

Biomega-3
    Proflavanol 90
    Active Calcium
    Vitamins and minerals to include grape seed extract, vitamin E, olive extract, and beta-carotene

Hope this helps!
    usanagirl