Nuts and Viruses (calling Cheryl Sue)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Herpes viruses like to feed on nuts, you say????

I had never heard that before. Is that so?

I eat a lot of nuts. I don't want to stop eating them it there's no need, but I definitly need to find out about more on this.
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

4. Clouddead

Clouddead New Member

I think it is because nuts are very high in Arginine which feeds viral replication, there are online lists giving the Lysine/Arginine ratio of different foods. I am avoiding nuts, chocolate etc and supplementing with Lysine and it seems to make a difference.

Searching for info on the best foods etc for cold sores is a good start, there's some pretty comprehensive info.
  5. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Yep, she's right about the arginine. Lysine suppresses it. I went to a Herpes.com viral site and printed out the list of foods (Diet and Nutrition) with the highest arginine/lysine ratios. Hazelnuts, peanuts, walnuts, etc. are out. Dr. Teitelbaum emailed me about not taking any arginine supplements over 250 mg. as well.

Eating sweets or chocolate makes me ill a few hours later or the next day. I see a connection there. Fresh corn and gelatin are also supposed to be bad, as well, from what I read from other sites.

This is not a cure all. No factor works 100%, but 100 factors that help 1% will speed you to wellness.

Lisa, BTW, thanks so much for the tip on Pure Encapsulations St. Johns Wort. It really has made a difference in my mood. This brand is much better than the brand I had been taking.

I suspect the FFC's Utraceutical Antiviral herbal supplement, ProBoost, and Sambucol are making a dent in my herpes viral load. I'm not so sure about the Maitake D. I'm looking for something to increase my Natural Killer Cell function. Improving sleep is supposed to help this.

I am looking forward to seeing how well you do on the viral meds in January. Best of luck to you.

CherylSue
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]
  6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

7. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

8. cct

cct Member

Through experience, I figured out that nuts were contributing to my virus load problem. I have also figured out that chocolate is a major contributor to the problem. Now I know why! Thanks for the information.

I am surprised that peanuts are on the list since they are not a nut! Peanuts are legumes like soybeans.

I am going to search for the list of arginine/lysine foods. I want to see what other foods I am eating that are good for the viruses and bad for me.
  9. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I have never heard this one before.

Thinking nuts were good for me, I have been eating quite a few lately.

As I write this I have: a cold sore on my cheek one in my nostril and another on my lower lip. I will look into this further! Denamay