Nuvigil price reduction.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Aug 24, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I just got my prescription for Nuvigil. Much to my surprised, it cost nothing. There was an enclosure in the bag with a card where it says you can save up to $600 for a year and up to $50 per prescription. My copay is $40, so it turned out to be free.

I am not sure of the details even when I went to the site, as they are somewhat confusing so I am going to call tomorrow. I think it does apply to each prescription which will save me $480 per year but want to make sure as it sounds too good to be true.

Here is the website where you can download the information to get the card. My pharmacy did this automatically. Wow!!

Nuvigil is now approved by the FDA for treated Obstructive Sleep Apnea, as well as narcolepsy and work shift disorder. My insurance took it for excessive daytime sleepiness because of my sleep disorders, RLS and not going into Stage3/4 sleep.

There are some restrictions. I am going to look at the site for more information and will post it here.

The website is;

ETA Changed incorrect URL to correct one. Thanks Kat!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2010]
  2. kat211

kat211 New Member

Gap, Thank you so much for this info!!!!!!! I think my heart skipped a beat when I read your post b/c my $50 copay is killing me

the page is actually There was an extra l in the one you posted.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks. It must be someone else who put in the extra I in the URL as I never make mistakes, LOL!!

I know, denial is not just a river!!

I was also flabbergasted and it will help my budget since the end of the month is near.

I'll go back and change the URL who someone, but NOT MOI, tampered with!! :>)

Did you interpret that it will cost nothing for twelve months? I had a hard time figuring this out from the way it was worded. That and the fact that my jaw was literally on the floor.

Also make sure you look at the restrictions. If you are on medicaid or medicare, you are not eligible.

Keep in touch.

4. kat211

kat211 New Member

I was so excited that I didn't do the math and now, since I registered with this IP address, the deal doesn't show up when I go back to the website. My dr has me on provigil b/c of the co-pay cost w/my insurance. I have already sent her an email asking her if she will switch me.
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

You might want to call your pharmacy and see if they have access to this program. I had no idea it even existed until I was not charged for the Nuvigil.

I really like the Nuvigil vs. Provigil. Has fewer side effects than Provigil though I did not get any except an occasional mild headache when taking it after stopping for several days. I think it also lasts longer.