Nux Vomica for FM helps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowerxo, Aug 5, 2008.

1. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Hi I am under the care of a naturopath and would never recommend anyone taking this medication unless under the care of a naturopath, but Nux Vomica in pellets prescribed by my doctor has really helped. It has multiple symptoms it treats, backaches, headaches, nausea, dizziness, restlessness, over motivated person with sensitivity to light, noise, smell and temperature. I have alot of dizziness and spaciness all the time with extreme sensitivity to even the wind blowing on a warm day could make me cold enough to wear sweatshirt or doing a stretching workout in 96 degree water only and not able to tolerate 80 degrees, so this medication is helping with some of these symptoms..... Maybe worth others trying to see if it helps them. I thought I would mention this for you to research as maybe an option.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Nux vomica can also help with some forms of insomnia. Another good homeopathic remedy for insomnia is coffea cruda.

I'm glad to hear it helped you --

3. pasara

pasara New Member

Sunflowerxo -

Thanks for the post! I'm really glad to see someone posting about homeopathy! It has so helped me! I am really happy that you have found a helpful remedy. The only thing I need to point out is that the remedy that helped you with your symptoms is not necessarily the one that will help the next person. One can't approach homeopathy like allopathic medicine or even herbs. It isn't that illness X gets remedy Y. Each remedy deals with the constitution the individual and a specific constellation of symptoms that go across the board. If you have ten patients all with the same illness they may each be treated with ten different remedies.

Although you can find some general remedies that in an acute case may be appropriate for most otherwise healthy individuals, for a serious, long-term or chronic health condition it is imperative to work with an experienced professional homeopath. Dabbling around with low potency remedies is generally not going to be effective, and one will not see the huge potential for healing this therapy can provide. Worse, it can confuse the picture to find the correct remedy.

I am sure you are aware of these things, I just want to be clear for others who read this post who may not be familiar with homeopathy.

I hope many more people explore the great healing potential of homeopathy. It is one of the most worthwhile investments in my health I have made.