Nystatin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Aug 6, 2006.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

my candida result was a 2+ and i feel very very ill.
    But my IG tests were all fine accept very elevated IGE.
    Doc also said I had EBV in the past but it is dormant and that 90% of the people that go in have this dormant virus in their system.
    Anyways , my obgyn agreed to prescribe me nystatin (maybe just to shut me up)....but i've read that if the yeast is in your entire body (not just localized like thrush, or a vaginal yeast infec) that nystatin will not work. Will I have to use something harsher???????? Anythoughts
  2. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Monica..

I also just posted for info about Nystatin.

I am bumping your post in hopes of someone giving you some input.

Pammy
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Diflucan works much better than nystatin for systemic candida, but there are also many antifungal supplements you can use if your dr won't prescribe it.

My test was 3.5 and I was also very ill. I took diflucan for two months and then rotated threelac, garlic, grapefruit seed extract, and pau d'arco for a while. This was working quite well until I was recently on antibiotics for a week. Now my candida is back. I am back to the diflucan and will take the supplements when I am done with that.

I have been told by others on this board to rotate antifungals, because candida can become resistant to drugs/supplements if you take them for too long a peroid.
    Diet is very important too. Do a search on this board there is a lot of info on candida diet.

Good Luck!!