O.K. Fibromites I need your help fast!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, Jun 25, 2010.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I just moved back to Missouri and have an appointment with a new internal medicine doctor next week, first visit.

I need you to tell me if you take PERCOCET and what strength and how many you get a month.

I want to be able to show her this if she balks on giving me my pain meds.

I am concerned since I was born and raised here but so was Rush Limbaugh and a lot of you have heard that he is the cause of so much publicity that many doctors are now afraid to prescribe pain meds.

I want her to see that this pain is real and that many take them. If you take stronger meds and take a lot a month post that instead.[This Message was Edited on 06/25/2010]
  2. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I use 25 mcg/hr Fentanyl Patches changed every 3 days and 5mg diazapam at bedtime.
  3. matieofleaves803

matieofleaves803 New Member

I took 6 oxycodone or oxcyconton (not the long lasting one --I wanted to control the amount) a day, until I finally gave up and started using a motorized wheelchair because of the pain in my legs.
    When I was still walking, the pain was indescribable. I take Ultram now, and together w/ the wheelchair, it's "just" bearable.
    Good luck!

PITATOO Member

You should be prepared to have a release signed from your Dr. where you were living for your medical records and med history. That is the best way to handle it. Just tell your new Dr. that you just want him/her to take over your medical care as it was established where you moved from otherwise if he/she is not familiar with fms/cfids you will have to get re-diagnosed and so forth I have always kept a copy of my medical records, all my test results every time I get blood tests etc, which is every other month due to some medications I am on. The better prepared you are the easier it will go. It is tough moving around with FMS/CFIDS because new Dr.'s have their own feelings on how to treat it. I travel and move often with career but still go back to Dr. I have had for 16 years as he understand exactly what to treat me with. Good luck with your new Dr.
  5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

The first thing she did was take half of my monthly pain meds away. Now she wants me to attend the pain management clinic. I have heard so many not so good things about these.