O Magazine article

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cats2595, Aug 31, 2006.

1. cats2595

cats2595 New Member

Anyone read the article in O Magazine Sept issue on CFS? What are your thoughts? I thought it was short but very explanatory about the devastation of the illness.

Cats
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

tomorrow. even a small artical from oprah is going to help.
  3. cats2595

cats2595 New Member

That's exactly what I thought. And I think it might help even more for anyone who is willing to email Oprah.com with their opinions on this article, thanking her for getting the information out there and even a short version of how it affects our lives. Who knows, maybe she will eventually do a show on CFS...what a way to get information out! Not just about those of us with the illness but for those out there who don't know what has hit them...it might help them get diagnosed.

Cats
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2006]
  4. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

bump

great idea to send an email to Oprah's organization. I'll take a minute to do it after I read the article
    Monkeykat
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I had a thread started asking to email Oprah. I'm going to bump it to be close to your email.

Thank you for bringing it to the attention of the board also.
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

7. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I thought it was short but sweet,iam making copies to send to my dr,she seems to poo poo it all so maybe now she'll see this stuff is real and its not just me staying in bed and not being able to do everyday things anymore,now if we could just get oprah to have people on her show to tell the rest of the world who dosent read her mag that we are out here and there is a lot of us.take care all angelkisses
  8. cats2595

cats2595 New Member

To followup on my original post...I emailed many of my friends/family/coworkers asking them to take the time to read the article if they had access to the mag or even stand in the grocery store line and read it. I, too, am making copies for my PCP and a few others who I know won't have access to the mag. The article is simple enough for anyone to understand, not full of medical terms, but just describes the illness as I feel it most days. Although I have not had the option to lie in bed for weeks at a time (I support myself and my son...work from home at least or wouldn't be able to work at all,) I have had days where I just had to crash on the couch for a couple of days, then push myself to get up to work again.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies so far. Let's get those emails to Oprah.com going. I've though over the years if she would have a show on CFS, so many more people would learn and understand about it. Now is the time, since she has just had this article in her magazine.

Well wishes to all!

Cat