O.T. A live webcam of an eagle sitting on her nest

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Apr 23, 2006.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

This is sooooo cool. The eggs are supposed to hatch around the 23 or 24. This is a nest up around Vancouver.

To get to this do the usual front part (you know) then infotecbusinesssysems.com/wildlife/

I find this so facinating to watch this live webcam of the eagle. Can hardly wait for the eggs to hatch.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2006]
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I checked out the site and it is so fascinating to watch. The eagle is so regal its breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.
  3. sunflowergirl

4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Is there another way to get to this site?

Thanks.

God Bless.
  5. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I get an error message??? AMY
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

please check the site address again! I tried to get it but got weird page no way to find any webcam!

does the word read "sysems" or systems?

Can you check it out?

Thanks!
    findmind
  7. sunflowergirl

Ooops....sorry it should be systems

Be sure to put WWW in front. If it comes up a black pic. wait a minute then click on the black and it should bring up the eagle.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/24/2006]
  8. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I tried to put in systems & still can't get it?? Maybe its me!! AMY
  9. sunflowergirl

try infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/
  10. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

thanks. AMY
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

I looked up the website and looked. That is soooooo neat. I was watching the eagle, she was so still and quite. All of a sudden she chirped real loud. I had Radar, my dog in my lap, and we both nearly jumped out of the chair. Radar could see the eagle on the computer screen and was sniffing the eagle. Thanks for sharing this website.

Kriket
  12. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

this is really cool. AMY
  13. sunflowergirl

you can see additional videos of the parents as they change shifts, or move the eggs around. I find this a once in a lifetime opportunity.
  14. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I still can't get it. I get a message saying that the page cannot be found. Darn! I love wildlife, having been a rehabilitator years ago.

God Bless.
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

Well, it is now the 25th. Wonder when they are gonna start hatching? I could not sit still that long. LOL Those eagles have some darn good paitience.

Kriket
  16. sunflowergirl

Sure hoping the chicks hatch and survive.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday, April 22, the chick pecked a small hole in the shell which will get larger in the next few days until hatched. Everyone should be aware that the survival rate is far below 100%.
    Here are the statistics for this nest over the past 16 years:
    On only 4 occasions did both chicks survive - 25%
    On 7 occasions 1 chick survived - 45%
    On 5 occasions no chicks survived - 30%
    These statistics get worse with aging and these eagles are getting on in years - 6years of immaturity plus 17 years of egg-laying = 23 years of age - with a life expectancy in the wild of 30 years. Equal to 60 years of age in humans ... if such comparisons have any validity.
    Looking at it in another way:
    In the first 5 years these eagles fledged 7 eaglets.
    In the last 5 years these eagles fledged only 3 eaglets.
    So the odds of success now are even lower than the average numbers provided above. Let's just hope for some success.
  17. sunflowergirl

that I gave and type it in exactly as shown, letter for letter and it should come up.

The eggs are cracked and I saw a pic. of a tiny beak poking out.
  18. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I've tried typing it in, cut and paste, and google. Still can't get it. Keep getting a message that the "page cannot be found". Just my luck!

God Bless.
  19. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/
  20. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I can't get it because I'm on a Mac and my browser, Safari, can't display it.

Wish I could have seen it, but that's okay.

Hugs,
    Faye