O/T Another traumatic eventbelieve it or not-UPDATE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jul 27, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Yesterday two teenage boys were out on a sandbar on a lake here in East Texas. One was 16 and the other 17. They decided to walk out I guess to see how far they could get out onto the sandbar. The sandbar was about 4 ft. deep, but suddenly dropped to 22 ft. deep. They could both swim, but something went wrong. A man heard them yelling for help, so he ran to get his boat and quickly went over to where they were, but it was too late, they were both gone. They both drowned. They have not found them yet. A team of divers are supposed to come out tomorrow morn. if they don't find them by today. One of the boys was a cousin of mine. I posted this on the worship board too asking that everyone remember both families in their prayers. I went down to the lake's edge this afternoon and visited with some of the family and they are in such agony just waiting for their bodies to be recovered. This is so sad. I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Thanks Guys

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Kriket, Both families are in my thoughts and prayers

during this awful time.

(((((Gentle Hugs to you and the family)))))

carolin

3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I am so very sorry!

When my Mother was a child her eight year old brother died this same exact way. It is awful! I am very sorry!

((My prayers are with you!)

kate
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

the tragic news.
  5. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

So sorry to hear this sad news.

My heart breaks whenever I hear of any young person who has died before they've really had a chance to live.

My sympathy goes out to you and your family and the family of the other boy.

I also will pray for those rescue workers - the divers, firefighters and other EMS personnel who will be working without rest to find those boys to bring them back to their families to provide some measure of comfort to the bereft.

{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}
    Madame Curie
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

My prayers are with you! and the family's of the boys!! Hugs....................................Sydney
  7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

That is absolutely tragic!!!!

I will put you and the boys' families on my prayer list.

scapper
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

I just got home from the lake. Still nothing. Divers are going to start search in the morn. Hopefully, they will recover them so that the families can have somewhat of a closure. Thanks for all your kind words and prayers!!! I promise that I will one day soon put something that is not depressing on the board!!! Makes you wonder sometimes what in the he##'s next.
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

The boys that drowned Wed. were finally found this morn. Thanks to all who prayed for the recovery of their bodies!!!

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am so sorry this has happen to your family. What a sad story .Its very hard to watch those we love go threw this specially when its with such young people. I hope they can find them. Was the area marked Dangerous ?
  11. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I am relieved that the boys were found, like you mentioned maybe at least there can be some closure for both families.

This is very sad and my heart truly goes out to you and the family.

Love,
    carolin
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

To answer your ques., no it was not marked as a dangerous area. One of the boys mother told them not to go out onto the sandbar and to just stay close by, but they kept bugging her about wanting to go out onto the sandbar, so she finally agreed to let them but told them to stay right on the waters edge, but they went off into the water anyway. It went from 3ft. and dropped suddenly to 20 ft. One of the boys got into trouble, I think it dropped off and there were 2 ft. waves that day, the other one tried to help his friend, and he got swept under too. I don't think they could get above those high waves long enough to get back to the shallow part. I think the waves just took control of them.

Kriket
  13. leubie

leubie New Member

My LOVE AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND THE FAMIELES-----------THANK- YOU FOR SHARING-------------Please keep us posted and know that we are w/ you AND YOU ARE NOT ALONE---------PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH AND FEEL FREE TO SHARE-------------Im going to bed now and Ill keep all in my thoughts------------LOVE TO ALL ----------LAURA