O.T. CELL PHOES and magnets

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Jan 15, 2006.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

It seems that I should know this, but I do not....

Can magnets affect your cell phone?

I got a purse, maybe a couple of months ago that has a strong magnet latch. Also one each side of the bottom of the purse is an compartment with a strong magnet latch.
    You can not tell that there is compartments.

One side I have a wallrt in it and my cell phone in the other side. I love it.

But I have taken my ATM card in three times now for a new one as it stopped working and we have finally figured out that I can not carry my ATM card in my purse that I am using.

Now my cell phone will not charge and before that it started acting up. I am taking it to where I bought it, along with the charger, I hope tomorrow.

Any suggestions? THANKS
  2. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

that you are having trouble in connection with magnets.

Unfortunately, the only solution I see, is to get rid of the purse.

If you're like me, I shop and shop and shop until I find just the right purse. It has to be the right shape and size with lots of compartments.

When you take your cell phone in don't mention to them that you have magnets in your purse. If you mention it to them, they'll try to get out of replacing your phone (if it's still under warranty).

Good luck,
    auntyem
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Well, I think they probably can, and this is why:

When I had my pacemaker put in my heart, the unit is in my upper left chest.

With a pacemaker, it is IMPERATIVE that you stay away from ALL magnets. That is one reason I can't have an MRI.

My doc told me to NEVER talk on my cell phone using my left ear - which would be pretty close to the incision in my chest (which is underneath my collarbone).

So, I have to use my cell phone with my right hand and right ear.

It's something about the magnet force......
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

Thanks for your replies.

jlh......what you said made sense and thanks.....I never thought of it in the light that you put it in.

Auntyem.......also yours was thoughtful and I appreciate it.
    Yes, it takes me forever to find that one purse,,,and I love this one. My grand daughter also thought it was "neat" and asked for one for Christmas, and she got it. I will have to check and see if she is having any cell phone problems and so forth....

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I was going to take it to where I got it earlier today and I had a surprise visitor that I really enjoyed. So it has not been checked out yet.