O/T Fat Smash diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by millennia, May 19, 2006.

1. millennia

millennia New Member

I just started this fat smash diet (day six), I was wondering if anyone else was doing it or had tried it? It was designed by the doctor who does the diet section of celebrity fit club.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/23/2006]
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I have never heard of it.

Ann
  3. millennia

millennia New Member

Well the first 9 days you go through a detox phase where you only eat fruits, veggies, brown rice, yogurt, skim milk, oatmeal, beans and tofu. This breaks your body from the addiction of the bad stuff. You can eat as many fruits and veggies as you want and as often as you want.

Then on phase two you add in lean meats and some cheese (there may be other things, but I'm looking forward to that). You still get what you got on phase one. This phase lasts 3 weeks.

Phase three you get wheat bread, whole wheat pasta and 3 cookies a day (again, there is probably more to it, but you remember what you want to remember). This phase lasts 4 weeks.

Phase 4 is lifelong, you can have pizza, fries, bacon, whatever you want, the key is moderation. Eat fruits, veggies and whole grains most of the time and once or twice a week treat yourself.

My friend is on phase three and he lost 20 pounds so far. I just started and I'm not supposed to weigh myself until day 10.
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

do we HAVE to eat beans and tofu??? and when you say beans can it been green beans, yellow beans...not you know the beans that make you pass gas ((LOL))
    as for the yofu..I'm sorry I tried it and is was just nasty.... I think I will give this a try and see how it goes, thanks for posting this.
    Ann
  5. millennia

millennia New Member

No, you don't have to eat beans and tofu. You can absolutely eat green beans (as many veggies as you want) I think I may have forgotten to say that you also get up to four egg whites a day. The point is to get protein from a non-animal source (well eggs are an animal source). There is a book, you can get it for like 8 bucks on overstock. It is pretty simple, just a pain thinking up new recipes that are satisfying, but that is part of the lifestyle change, I've found and made up recipes that I will continue to serve my family for ever. Mostly I've modified what we already eat to make it healthier. There are recipes in the back of the book, but there is not a whole lot for phase one which is the most difficult.
  6. millennia

millennia New Member

OK, it's day nine and I just weighed myself. I've lost 8 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! And according to my fancy scale that measurres body fat in pounds, 6 of those were pure fat!
  7. millennia

millennia New Member

7 were fat, my math is poor.
  8. millennia

millennia New Member

Lots of vinegar! In fact I think I'll add some to my smoothie this morning.