O/T Got Pic of My Fur Buddy Up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mme_curie68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

As promised, here is my buddy Frannie Fang. He's about 10, I adopted him from a shelter when he was approx. 7.

He is my constant companion, loves the kids and shows them unending tolerance, and cuddles with me at night. He won't leave my side when I'm sick.

I will try to take one where you can see his white "Speedo" fur "underpants" on his belly - it really looks like he's wearing a pair - LOL!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  2. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

OMG! How cute is that! I love his markings on his face. Can hardly wait to see his "speedos"! My son Jeremy has a 15lb black cat named Thomas (he lives in Portland Oregon). He's on a diet!

BTW...I put a post to you on another thread (forget which one). Just want you to know that I really enjoy reading your posts - you are SO informative!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Thanks for the complements!

I enjoy your posts also - you have a great sense of humor!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I worked part-time as a vet tech. for the guy who is still my vet from when I graduated from college up through getting married.

I am pretty much a complete fool for anything that has fur.
    But working for a clinic that helped animal shelters and also got lots of abandoned animals dumped on the doorstep turned me off from the world of "purebred" animals.

Once in a while, we would even secretly save one or two whose owners decided they just didn't want a pet anymore and came in to have their "property" put to sleep.

No animal is a more loving and better companion than an older rescue - cat or dog. The younger animals always get adopted out so quickly...

What people don't realize is how special older animals are - they're happy as a clam to have a nice warm place to sleep, food in their food dish, and a kind hand to pet them and rub their tummies. You don't have to entertain them constantly. They are happy just to "BE" and keep you company.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie

5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

He is adorable....just adorable... and he looks so loved, too.
    They add so much to our lives....don't they?
    I totally enjoy my baby.

Mari
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

I am green with envy!

Two dogs, 6 and 12 will be last ones for us. When they're gone, I will get a cat to see me into my senior years!

Want one that will sit in chair with me while I read and rub his/er chin against my chin. And make "mushy" on my tummy.

Oh, I miss my last one...Krystal, a pure white, so wonderful. Believe or not, she got CFIDS, and died of pancreatic cancer.

Yeah, an older one would be the ticket....past all that tearing the place up stage LOL...

Thanks for the pic...and memories, too

findmind
  7. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

Frannie looks a lot like my Gizmo. She was a beautiful tuxedo who I adopted when she was six weeks old. She was my bud and spoiled rotten.

I adopted another tuxedo two years ago (after Gizmo passed on). Olivia is kind of a sketch. She will come in for a few minutes (we have a cat-fenced yard and a cat-friendly suite in the garage!) but usually likes to bug the other cats until she has to go out again with "the boys". With a total of 11 rescues, there is always a kitty that wants a petting.

If I was wealthy I would love to have a cat sanctuary. Kudos for adopting an older kitty.
    :) Val