O/T Got results back from dad's g/f that died suddenly

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Aug 28, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

As most of you know my dad's g/f passed away so suddenly a little over a month ago. I know some of you probably wondered what happened to her especially since she was so young. She was 43 yrs. old.

Results showed that her aortic valve had a small tear in it, so instead of her blood circulating throughout her heart and the rest of her body, it was seeping through the tear in her aortic valve and eventually her heart just stopped.

So she was bleeding on the inside, but did not know it. I hope that we can move forward now at least knowing what happened to her all of a sudden and her being so young too. Thank all of you for your kind comments and prayers during this difficult time. You all were greatly appreciated.

LOVE
    KRIKET
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  2. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I hope this does give you all some closure...and I hope and pray things get eaiser for you all..

Kricket this is changing the subject but I have been wondering how your drs appointment turned out..and what you found out about your knot issure?

Hope all is well..

Thinking of you and your family

Tami
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Thank you. How sweet of you to remember me and ask about how my dr.'s appt went concerning the knot.

Doctor said to keep a close eye on it and if it did not go away by the next week, to come back in so tests could be run to see exactly what it was.

It was sore and itchy, and he said more than likely that it was not anything serious. It went away within a day or two after I went to the doctor. It was either hormones or a swollwn lymph gland.

So, everything is ok with the knot. Wasn't it you that had a knot too? or was that someone else? If so, what did you find out?

Kriket
  4. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I had two of them at the time...they were those nasty boil like things...one was pretty large but they have since did their thing (burst) and so far no signs of any more..Thank you God...

Glad to hear you are better with yours.

Tami
  5. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

Prayers for your family,,,,it is so hard to lose someone so young!

We also lost a friend this past week that was only 39. Of course we are waiting for the autopsy also.

Maybe you can get closure now.
    Take care,,,Brenna
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm glad you have some answers. I know that doesn't do a thing to bring her back, but I think if there's at least a logical reason WHY, it helps somehow. I'm glad you at least know now...how is your Dad doing with all of this? Still saying prayers for you both...

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Thank you so much for the continued prayers. He is sad and depressed. He tries to hide it, but I can see straight through him. He is burying himself into too much work and just working himself to death, guess he's trying to keep his mind occupied. He's pretty strong though. I think it is just gonna take some time and things will be better.

BrennaBear- Thank you for the condolences and prayers.

tata1580- Glad that yours(the knot) was nothing serious either. Hope you don't have another one any time soon, as I guess they come and go. Take Care of yourself.

Kriket

8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

she wasn't much older than i am...atleast there is an answer for her and your family...
    sorry to have her go so young..

jodie
  9. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Kriket:

I hope that learning what caused your father's girlfriend to die suddenly will allow you and your family some closure. There are just things that we cannot know about, and therefore cannot do anything to fix.

I hope that you and your family can gather strength from each other, and that that strength will help you get through this tough time.

Ingrid
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

Thank both of you for your kind words. I don't suppose there was anyway to know that she had the tear and was bleeding internally until it was too late. Everything happens the way it does though for a reason, we may not understand it, but maybe some day we will.

Kriket