O T Has anyone here tried the Nutri-System??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fairydust39, Jan 6, 2006.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I need to lose weight and wondered if anyone has used the Nutri-System foods for weight loss. I am thinking of trying it. ANY ONE ?????? How much did it cost daily?
    Thanks Shirley
  2. MERLK

MERLK New Member

Hi Shirley, I have not used it but my daughter said it cost 245 per month. Also that everything is weighed and counted for the right amount of nutrients , calories etc. Good luck if you try it....I may too as I have a lot of weight to lose and know some of the pain I am in will be better. marilyn
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I found the link on the net and they said it would cost about $10.00 per day! That's expensive but I'm pretty sure it works.

What I'd like to know is,after you lose the weight and go on regular food,will I gain it right back? I know you can't use Nutri-System forever!

I used the Opti-fast system (just shakes and NO food) and lost a lot of weight but as soon as I returned to any food at all --it's impossible to stop gaining it back.I mean hardly anything to eat.This is what Oprah discovered also.No matter what diet you use!

Was your Daughter on the Nutri-System ?

Thanks Shirley
  4. Brandylo

Brandylo New Member

I did the nutri- system diet years ago and lost about 70 pounds. Took about a year to gain it all back after I went off of it. I have lost the same 70 pounds on several other diets many times over. I give up and I am trying to just be happy no matter what my weight.
  5. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

If you're allergic or sensitive to soy, I wouldn't try this diet. I puffed up like a balloon....
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Yes, brandylo, I have been on many diets too ! I was never heavy until I took huge doses of Steroids. Then I could loose it but not keep it off. I had 4 children and went right back to my former clothes, a few weeks after the baby was born. After the Prednisone, there was no going back.

Yes I have food sensitivities to soy but it's not like an allergy,that it almost kills you. But I get bloated and a all over sick feeling.
    windtalker, is there a lot of soy in the Nutri-System products? Or just in some things?

I know that I have to lose weight b/c I have Asthma and it's going to get worse, if I don't lose weight. Also my knees and back, are bad and they can't take all this extra weight and stress.

Thanks and if anyone else has tried it--let me know!!
    Hugs Shirley
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

although looking back, I wasn't even heavy! I never thought that I could ever weigh what I weigh now. :-(

Things may have changed but there were 2 problems with the program: 1. It cost me about $1200 for the 6 mo. I was on it and 2. Their foods contained a lot of artifial sweeteners. I didn't think that was a problem at the time but with these DD's I would avoid them now.

Just my opinion.

There are so many other weight loss programs out there that are free or so much cheaper and possibly healthier.

Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2006]
  8. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Shirley,
    I haven't used nutra system's but what helped me to lose weight was going to a no gluten diet. For the longest time I have been eating an incredibly healthy diet since I've been sick, but wasn't losing any weight. I know gluten can be a problem for many people, so i dropped it from my diet. For the first time in forever I'm losing weight.

It's nice because i have exercise intolerance, so I'm losing weight without a lot of exercise. Big diet changes are difficult for most people. I was highly motivated. I was already on a low sugar diet, so it wasn't terribly hard for me. My cousin who has lymes, just went on the gluten free diet. She has found it hard to go no gluten, but has noticed a positive difference. Of course meds can be a big factor in weight gain. If your taking meds you might find it hard to lose weight even with diet change.

K.
  9. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

WHAT DO YOU EAT?
    Is Gluten free diet not eating bread or grains?
    Shirley
  10. kbak

kbak Member

It really isn't that hard to do a non gluten diet. For breakfast I drink "the shake" which you can get from a search on this site. I also have 2 pieces of gluten free bread that I get at the health food store. Then I'll eat every couple of hrs. things like mini carrot sticks, apples, yogart, rice cakes with almond butter, ect. For dinner I'll do a meat, vegt, and salad. If I want to any kind of baked good, I use Pamel's gluten free baking mix.

K.