O/T Have a very sore lump come up in my breast

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Aug 14, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I am worried. I have a little red spot about the size of a grape on my left breast. It kind of itched a little. Well when I went to feel of the red spot, I had a hard round lump, feels like the size of a large marble.

My whole left breast is sore-like and hurting a little. I am thinking that it may just be a swollen lymph node or gland since it's sore. Does anybody know anything here about this kind of situation.

I am going to the doctor Thursday of this week anyway, so I am going to tell him about it. Is there anything I can do to help it quit hurting?

Kriket
  2. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

You be sure and have your dr. look at it... ok?

I am wondering if you have ever had what I call boils?
    I stared last year and had some on the side of one breast then they went to the arm pit..then to the other arm pit..by the time the dr. put me on an antibiotic I think they had just about run their course..but now have started again...dr. had no good excuse for them.. wondered if was just something this DD decided to throw in for added excitement...

Mine started with a hard knot under the skin and the ones last year itched in the begining, as they grew they turned red and very sore and surrounding area was very sore, then they would start turning a purple in color..then come to a head and burst..

That is my disgusting story..

Keep an eye on it and let us know what your dr says..

Good Luck
    Tami
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

It looks and feels like everything you described. I had breast reduction about 2 yrs. ago, and the knot is right under a scar and it really itches and hurts. Guess it could be a boil. Was yours painful?

Kriket
  4. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I have one now and it hurts like....heck!!!

But...please...please have the dr. look at it..I don't want anyone to fool around with a knot of some kind on the breast....Promise you will!!

Is this knot that you have turning red?

Tami
  5. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I too had a painful lump come up in my breast.

It turned out to only be caffine, but it really scared me.

Please have your Dr look at it.

You are in my prayers!
    Angela
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Yea, the red spot is what made me notice the spot, that and it was itching,when I went to scratch, I felt the hard knot.
    I am going to the doctor Thursday, I promise!!!!
    Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2006]
  7. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

Keep us posted, Kriket.

Hopefully it's nothing serious. Sounds like it could be a boil.

I've had those on my breasts. Very uncomfortable. Warm compresses help with the discomfort.

--wordbyrd
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

Thanks to all. I will try the warm compresses and see if that will help some with the pain.

Kriket
  9. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

Gosh, I too have a line of small lumps come up on my left breast. I feel sore like lymph nodes. I'm going to my pcp tomorrow, MAYBE, she will have enough interest to look at it. I have Fibro, this sounds like a CFS symptom.

Someone please ignore my ignorance and explain the difference between Fibro and CFS. My throat has been sore on one side and I get choked.

You be sure to get this checked out and I will too!
    And I thought I was the only one :)
    Cathy
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

I've never had a lump in my breast before. I have swollen lymph nodes every now and then in my armpit area or my neck. This one itches too, usually when my nodes swell, they are just really sore and tender. Let us know what your doctor says about yours too.

Kriket
  11. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

I'll get mine checked if you get your's checked, lol
    Cathy
  12. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Ok well humor me!!

Everyone go get them checked out....hmmmmmmm O K

she is right about the moist compresses I some times use my heat pad...it is said that if it is a boil that the heat will also help bring them to a head.

If it starts turning almost purple in the center..you are getting close to that point.

I also try to keep them very clean using alochol ..especially when they burst..

Keep us posted on what is happening with you..

Blow by blow details..lol

Ok..just worrying about you and want to make sure all is well!

Tami
    [This Message was Edited on 08/15/2006]
  13. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi Kriket -

I have fibrocystic breasts - going through my thirties, a good amount of my previously "normal" breast tissue has gone through an inflammatory process and converted into fibrous cysts - round, painful, lumps.

At first, I was completely freaked out. Then I did a lot of research, had the mammogram and saw a breast surgeon. She said that fibrocystic formations were not uncommon in large-breasted women my age with "dense" breast tissue. Also, she told me (and I learned from my own research) that if a lump is painful, it is less likely to be cancerous).

She (the surgeon) suggested Evening Primrose Oil to help limit the inflammation when it occurs - also to avoid caffeine and chocolate. For the most part, this seems to have helped control it for me. The area of formation is the outside curves of both breasts to almost under the armpits - the right breast is worse than the left breast.

I am on the "annual" list for mammograms now because these formations bump one into a higher risk category for under 40. Hope this helps...

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  14. srollins

srollins New Member

just posted exactly what i was about to post.

i have had surgery at least 4 times on each breast plus all kinds of needle things done, so i never take chances. if i feel something off i go to have it checked.

i have had so many incisions i was thinking to ask for zippers to be installed next time lol

some of us are just more suceptiable to these things. and yes indeed they told me that if they are painful at all it is unlikely to be cancer.

good luck and keep us informed.
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

for sharing your stories with us. My breast is still a little sore today, the knot is a little smaller and it does not itch as bad. I used the warm compress last night with epsom salt and laid it on my breast.

It helped immediately with the swelling and soreness. Don't remember who mentioned this idea, but a big thank-you to you and all who responded. I am still going to the doctor Thurs. and I will tell him about it and see what he says.

Kriket