O/T, Just Heard From My Ex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

For any of you who are interested in my divorce from hell saga, I just heard from my Ex. I thought he was going to make threats on the phone, but he surprised me. He said he is having chest pains and is going to see a cardiologist. He may have to go to the emergency room first. He had an angioplasty in 1999. Two psychics have told me that he will not live more than another 5 years. If he should pass away, I will get enough life insurance money to see me through. As much misery as he has put me through, I don't want him to die. My FMS/CFS has probably gotten about 50% worse due to the stress of the divorce, I suppose I should hate him, but I don't. Anybody else been through anything like this?

Hippo
  2. Notonline

Notonline New Member

First I was very depressed at the loss of my marriage, (we were only married 2yrs) then I was angry, VERY ANGRY, I felt betrayed that this person I had trusted so much and thought I knew so well had turned on me.
    In my case we had alot of things that mounted up and became too much for both of us to deal with. It is hard enough just trying to share your life with someone and at the same time remain true to yourself, without a ton of problems occuring on top of it all to ice the cake. We never had a chance at any "newly-wedded bliss" there was just too much to deal with.
    Now, a couple years later, we are reuniting. LOL! If you would have asked me if this could happen at the start of my divorce I would have told you that you had to be off your rocker. Even after everything I still care about him, and yes, I still love him. I don't think we are going to run out and get remarried, we are both proceeding with caution. But I think if you share your life with someone there is always some sort of tie there...it's weird. Hope everything works out okay for him health wise, and also hope you start feeling a little better soon. The first few months of my divorce were really rough health wise also, but it did get better with time.
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I will keep you updated. For all I know, it may turn out to be nothing.

Hippo
  4. fibolady

fibolady New Member

right now i wish my ex would drop dead and leave me a big life insurance policy!!

it sounds like you are too "good" for the ex of yours. i wouldn't let him come crawling back everytime he is sick, tell him to crawl to his younger, healthier friend.

remember i am at the anger stage of my divorce!!!!

fibolady
  5. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

I feel too lucky to have a nice hubby... how awful to go through such things with such jerks... I wish you well.
    Tibbie
  6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

My Ex is not trying to come "crawling back." He just wanted to alert me to a potential problem. I have really mixed emotions; he has hurt us so much, and my health has gone downhill significantly. All I can think of to do is just keep praying.

Hippo
  7. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Believe me, I understand that anger. But you know what? I think I would feel worse if he died. If he dies, I end up losing him twice, first through the misery of divorce, then having him die.

I wanted to ask you about your name. Fibolady? Or is it FibRolady?

Hippo