O.T...My kids are both sick...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Feb 20, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

My kids have been sick since Friday...Well the dr. is not there over the weekend of course...So I took them to the dr. today..They have Strep Throat..

My son is really bad..yesterday his fever was 104. He is not a complainer at all and all he says is..My throat hurts! I just feel so bad for him..

My daughter is the opposite...she don't even seem sick..I mean you can tell she is not feeling good..but nothing like my son..She gets stuff a lot and you would not even know she is sick..But if she feels like she has a fever then it is usually at least 101.

I got them both ABx and hopefully they will start feeling better soon. My son was just on an Abx less than a month ago..He gets sick alot.

The bad thing is now I feel like I am getting sick...I don't know if I am just tired...or sometimes I think I get sympathy pains...LOL..

Please keep your fingers crossed that my kids get better and I DON'T get it..

Thanks for listening..I get sooo depressed when my kids are sick..

SherylD
  2. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I only have one child, and it takes everything I've got to care for him when he's sick. And, unfortunately, I usually catch a milder version of what he has.

We have to shift into bare minimum survival mode. It's not easy. I cannot imagine having two. I hope their fevers break soon. Very scary!

Hang in there. I hope you stay well through this. You're a good mom, sticking by their sides, getting them medicine. I hope your kids get well soon :).
  3. bphayes

bphayes New Member

don't feel like you are the only one....i have 3 girls. its getting better now as they get older but I have been there. don't worry about little things, clothes, dishes, etc etc....they will all be there when the kids get better. just sit down and make them feel loved...that in itself helps kids. take care of yourself and drink some OJ. you will make it!!! i have faith! take care, billie
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thank you all for all of your kind words...It is nice to know I have so many of you praying for me and my kids...

It does take a huge toll on us...we worry sooo much more and I was awake I don't know hw many times last night with him...And I bet my husband is just exhusted today cuz he was up too..

Our room and my daughters room is upstairs and my sons room in downstairs..So when ever he is sick we make him a bed on our floor. He is a terrible sleeper though..he thrashes all over and slams his legs on the bed. He makes lots of weird noises..it is even worse when he is sick..So nobody ever sleeps if they are in the same room with him..

I have been hurting bad lately..this is not helping

Thanks again..