O/T paint colors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I need some help with painting my cupboards, my kitchen has stainless steel fridge and stoeve with some balck in it and my toaster and kettle is stainless steel as well.

I want to paint my cupboards...but I don't know what colors goes with stainless steel....any suggestions??

Ann
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Ann, don't worry about the stainless steel so much; concern yourself with your countertops, flooring and walls. SS will work with most anything but countertops and floor colors won't.

Marta (former designing woman)
    No charge ;>)
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

A lot depends on the light coming into your kitchen. If it is bright then something muted may work, what color is your floor? New hardware(handles etc) make a cabinet look great.

I want to know(as home decor is my BiG passion)

Color of floor
    Color of countertops
    Size of kitchen
    Do you have upper and lower cabinets
    What color are they now?
    Hardware now?
    Room that leads off the kitchen? What color?

Can you answer these and I will try and look on my palettes and sketch something out.

Did I tell anyone here that a friend and I are thinking of setting up our own decorating advice business? Where we can go in and work up a board for them. Also to do "staging" houses so they sell better? I have good ideas and she is very organised and flashy dresser, so we think it will work OK.

You can be our first customer (for FREE)

Love Anne Cromwell
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I will get back to you after with all the information, I had to go to the back to deposit some money and now I'm dying from the heat..I was only gone for about 30 mins it is soooooo nasty out there I think it's about 110. talk to you soon and thank you so much.

Ann
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

A realtor friend asked me to do staging for her company but I didn't have the energy to do it. How will you manage?

Don't you love it though....? :>)

Marta
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

My kitchen is Peach and I have white woodwork. My appliances are beige with black and the cupboards are Honey Oak.I love the Peach which you can get in all shades. I also like the Benjamin Moore paint in Silver Sage.Maybe try one of these. Hope this helps.
    Hugs Shirley
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

It's easy for men to choose colors. We can only see seven.
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

well this is why I need that friend as she is very organized and really up and at em type, so I can do the boards and the structural advice as I am pretty good at that part having completely renovated 18 houses with DH (we do 95% of all work ourselves) and she can do all the dashing hither and thither. We thought we would get casual labor to do any heavy stuff.

She has a bunch of stuff in storage that we can use for staging too to change out people's furniture and drapes, decor etc.

I have to finish this place first so it will be maybe March, but we do it for free for so many people. Also we thought we may offer to do Christmas decorations and also writing Christmas cards for people who cannot be bothered or are too busy. We may start with that. We also thought about writing letters for people who are not great with writing letters.

I can't see making a fortune from the book I am working on, although I pick up money here and there writing articles and lecturing.

The thought of trying all this scares me as I am also no spring chicken and have to caretake two at home, but it could be fun. What do you think they pay, realtors, for hiring a stager?

Love Anne Crom