O/T regarding WSIB(this is for canadians only)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

My husband is on WSIB for life, he wants to get a buy out from WSIB as they are only paying him $149.74 every 2 weeks
    so he is looking for a company that will take over his case..what I mean is pay him the $45,000 right away that wsib owes him and then when is ready to give the money then the money would to to the company that gave my husband the $45,000...do you all know what I mean??? I seem to have problems explaining this. anyways any help would be great.

Ann
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My husband had his arm injured at work. He had several surgeries but they reached a point where there was nothing more they could do.

He was able to continue modified work. The settlement that WSIB came up with was pathetic, however we spoke to a couple of lawyers and they recommended we take what we were given.

I'm not sure what you mean about the company that gave your husband money. As far as I understand it, if WSIB has made a settlement of $149.74 every two weeks, it's unlikey you would get the same type of amount if you wanted it all in advance.

In Ontario they have a referral program where you can speak to a lawyer for 30 minutes free. I think it would be a good idea to do that.