O/T severe heat is making me feel anxious, anyone else

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by day2day, Aug 2, 2006.

1. day2day

day2day Member

I can't explain it but even with both A/Cs running, I still feel on edge. Does anyone else experience this?

I can't handle opening the outside door and feeling like I am literally walking into an oven, but the A/C makes me freezing and don't tolerate that too well either. If I shut it off then it gets really muggy fast and my body can't handle it. UGGGG.
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

The heat has got me all messed up. I much rather be in an air conditioned home or car than out in the heat. I don't know how roofers can handle it. When I was younger I would play ball all day long in tournaments in the July sun. Now there's no way. I won't even sit on the bleachers to watch a game..

Being a man that doesn't sound real tough but a/c for this old guy is fine with me. Of course tough can be overrated. Who wants their steak like that? Anyways; I'm looking forward to the fall so I can enjoy the outdoors. But the winter is sometimes even better here in the south with temperatures in the 60's and 70's..
  3. day2day

day2day Member

Didn't even consider the extra $$ my electric bill is going to be, yikes!!! Thanks for that reminder, will have trim an extra 50 bux off my next month budget somewhere for next month.

I live on the coastal area of new england so thankfully they are saying wind will come off from an east to west direction and should cool us off a bit.

This week is the annual lobster festival, and they expected 10,000 people to attend, it is an outdoor event.
    I can't imagine steaming all those lobsters in this kind of heat. People come from all over the country for this event. Although I love Lobster, I myself will not be attending.

Last month they had the clam festival in my area, another annual event, and the show Jeopardy had the bus there on one of the days for tryouts for the show.

Mrpain, I have read some of your posts here and there, and you sound like a real nice guy who is a great addition to the board, welcome aboard.

Mayline hope you are feeling good since ur surgery, and hope ur , oh oh was it niece or daughter fares okay in this weather with her condition.

4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I cannot tolerate heat.

I live in Houston, and the whole summer just washes me out.

I can handle cold, as you just put on more clothing, but heat, no.

I cannot, however, stand to have ceiling fans or air conditioning blowing directly on me.
  5. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I live in the south and it has been VERY hot here.
    Heat index in the triple digits. I have had a horrible time every since it got hot. This spring was doing very well...able to go on walks, etc.

This summer has been like one big FLARE. I can't wait for
    the fall!

It doesn't even seem to matter that I stay inside for the most part either. I have AC at home, work and in my car. It just doesn't seem to help....

Sorry no advice...just a little of misery loves company :)
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

We've had our worst heatwave lately. Highs of almost 50 w/ humidex, which makes for around 115 F. We have a/c too, which helps me survive, but I can barely go outside. Even w/ a/c its been very hard to breathe at times, and my pain levels are relentless. I'm also having to use light therapy lately because its either too hot to be outside or the constant rain and storms we are having kill the sun. I swear we haven't had more than 3 days w/out rain since winter.

I'm going to turn into a mushroom soon, a bitchy, painwracked mushroom.

Jeanne
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

We average a storm almost every second day. We had a wopper last night, put the power out too. Sun's still shining for now, but have heard thunder a few times already.

The forecast a few days ago was calling for a whole 5 days of balmy sun w/ no rain, but I knew better than to beleive it. We already had the storm yesterday and now we have every second day of rain forecasted. AS USUAL, SIGH.

Jeanne