O/T Texans Be Proud

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mme_curie68, May 22, 2006.

1. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I got back from a business trip towards the end of last week. Of course, traveling and changing time zones screwed me up and good!

But I had to post about what a lovely city Ft. Worth is and that I truly enjoyed this brief (2-day) trip. The weather was beautiful and I really needed it after being in drenching rains for a week and a half straight!

A beautiful city, decent transportation, great people, and FANTASTIC food. I had great Tex-Mex and I have to say that the steak I had at DeFrisco's Steakhouse was the best I have EVER had - like BUTTAH, as the Saturday Night Live Caw-Fee Tawk ladies used to say. Only restaurant I've ever been to that had a bowl of golf tees next to the bowl of matches! LOL!

It was a little hard getting used to people just passing you on the street saying "Hi" just because. I come from a city where we are all trained to not look up or past your peripherals or you might engage a looney. I'm sure I probably had the "deer in the headlights" look of a Northerner more than once.

Anyhow, loved it - will volunteer to return if one of my VP's need a hand next time a trip comes up.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I have lived in many different parts of the U.S. and moved to the hill country of Texas in Austin in 1988. I love the laid back lifestyle of Austin and the creative people that live here.
    So glad you enjoyed your stay in Texas.

jar
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

Fort Worth has wonderful spring weather and beautiful winter sunsets. The girls are gorgeous as are the cowboys (they are definitely not sheepherders).
    The food is wonderful too. The nightlife is great and yes, people are friendly. Dwight Yoakum's bus broke down near the VFW in Haltom City on the edge of FW and he just went in and joined in the kareoke. Everyone had to hug him before he could leave.
    I'm sure there are a few old soreheads but I don't know any of them. I'm glad you got to experience Fort Worth!
  4. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Shucks girl. Hate to know you were so close... would have loved to say hello in person! Texas folks are pretty darn good people. We do wave any just about anyone we make eye contact with.

That friendly way is what keep me here, cause its sure not the summer temperatures! HOOOTTTTT!

I hope the trip didn't send you into bad cycle, but I am sure glad you enjoyed you trip!!! Come back soon YA'LL- now YA HERE?

Born and Bred Texas GAL!

jenni

5. kalina

kalina New Member

"Texas" comes from the word "tejas," a Spanish translation of the Caddo tribe's word meaning "friend." I'm so glad you got to meet some of us friendly Texans!

Yes, Ft. Worth is a lovely city. The Kimbell Art Museum there is incredible. (And Del Frisco's... MMMM! Now THAT's a steak!)

Kalina
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Howdy!!!! I was born and raised in Texas. I am a country girl at heart. Glad that you enjoyed your visit to Texas. Most everyone here is friendly, as that is what our state is known for, the friendly state.

Kriket
  7. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I live outside of Dallas, Texas and am a native Texan. Yes the people here are very friendly and if you drop something on the sidewalk, they will stop to help you pick it up. My Dad was from the Caddo Indian Tribe and a native Texan so the two go hand in hand. Of course the weather here is hot and will only get hotter, but that is what Texas is about.

TxSongBird
  8. matthewson

matthewson New Member

We have some friends in Texas and we used to visit them quite a bit, and I loved Texas! I have been to Ft. Worth and loved it! I wanted to move their years ago, but hubby wouldn't move.

One thing I noticed years ago, when driving on the roads, if you came up behind someone going at a higher rate of speed than them, they would actually pull over onto the shoulder and let you pass! Coming from Michigan, this amazed me! Here, they would stay put and then when you try to pass, they speed up! People can be very rude here!

Good post. Take care, Sally
  9. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

the Piney woods of East Texas , and the hill country of
    around Austin and Fredericksburg, and Kerrville .

I live in E Texas , near Tyler , and the scenery here is quite charming .
  10. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Glad you had a great time in our wonderful state!

I am up in the farming country of the Panhandle, north of Amarillo. It's a place like no other, that's for sure! Best people in the world!

Ft. Worth is one of my favorite spots, but theres lots of others in Texas, so don't be afraid to go to any of the others!

Maia
  11. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I am a native Texan, but San Antonio is a great place for our family to visit and there are always lots of things to do and the people are very friendly.

TxSongBird
  12. bct

bct Well-Known Member

but have lost touch with them, and haven't heard from them for 30 yrs. Don't have the faintest idea of how to go

about looking for them.......

Barry.
  13. mary124

mary124 New Member

We are pleased that you loved our State. I don't know the Ft. Worth area very well, only been there a handful of times.

Jar, I also live in the Austin area (Hutto) but I work in Austin- need to get together sometime).
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

in Texas. Didn't know they smoked golf tees.
  15. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Never seen a fellow Texan smoke a golf tee. That would be some weird picture if I saw one. I don't smoke anything, so I can't figure out the statement about the golf tees. Del Frisco puts golf tees in a cup on the table from what I understand, but not for smoking, so put your lighters down folks.

TxSongBird