O/T When cooking stirfry do you use separate pans

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Jan 24, 2006.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

one for the meat and sauce and one for the veg or does everything go in the one pan/wok? If the latter is there a specific order to put the stuff in?
    Thanks
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't know shelbo, but I would like to know what you use as a "sauce" or the liquid in a stirfry! Can somebody tell me that when you answer shelbo?

Thanks,
    Janet
  3. amejia

amejia New Member

I use one pan, first I put in the chicken or steak whatever with alittle bit of oil then I add the sauce ( they make stir fry sauce and several other kinds like mongolian or szechwan, they also come in dry packets) then I put in the veggies for just a few minutes and presto chango you have a really quick and usually cheap healthy meal....MMMM Sounds kind of good for tonight.

Happy cooking
    Ang
  4. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hi,
    You do your meat(s) first along with any onion or garlic that your recipe calls for and some oil. Put those aside.

Then you will do your vegetables with a little bit of oil. Put those aside. If you are using eggs in your recipe you do those next and then put aside.

While doing all of this you need to have your rice or noodles cooking.

After you have completed each step you then put the meat back in the wok along with your sauce, cook for a minute or two then add vegetables and then add your rice.

If you are adding eggs you put those in very last as to not over cook them.

I hope this helps!

kate
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

My partner is Chinese. That's the way he does it.