O24? Anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Jun 15, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have been hearing about this, and as it seems to be available and recommended by a number of sources, I am thinking of buying some to try. Has anyone tried it? What is your experience...or was it?

I'm going to try to get it at Rite Aide here in California...hopefully in our remote area, we will have some.

Love tohear your responses and I will let you know my thoughts after a fair try.

Thanks,
    Sue
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Sorry, can't help you.

I have never heard of 024.

What type of product is it and what is it supposed to do?
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

if it did not contain some ingredients I react to I would try it.

The contents of 024 include

camphor oil (white)
    eucalyptus oil
    aloe vera oil
    peppermint oil
    rosemary oil
    lemon oil
    orange oil

love, Tansy
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I bought some today. It comes in a 1 oz. container which you spray on and then rub in. I don't like the spray as I think it wastes the "precious" or at least costly liquid.

I tried it on my wrists and it did seem to help. The jury is out, though. It seems to me that it would be too costly to use as often as they suggest and in all the spots I hurt. So, I'll use it in the worst spots.

Will let you know.

Sue
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be looking forward to your report on on the Rub, always looking for something that will help with back pain.

I would try the spray even if it cost a little more, as I could reach my upper back that way.

To get a rub on my upper back, I take one of the ThremaCare heat wraps and put the cream on it, then swish it around my back, then put the heat pad over a Tee shirt!

My husband is gone a lot with his job, and I am alone lots of the time. So it would work for me.

Let us know how it goes...........

Shalom, Shirl
  6. northlights

northlights New Member

I bought the 024 last week and I really like it.

The one thing I don't like is that it is very oily feeling. It does feel really good on those extra sore spots, but I can't seem to spray the spots on my back that really need it. I think I'd prefer a rub.

northlights
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

bumping to see if anyone else has tried this yet. I made a separate post on the subject too.

Sonya
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but have changed my mind a bit. Look for the post that tells you where you can get it for $8.88 a month. I believe it's on the first page right now.

Sue
  9. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have been using the spray for a while and I like it. It is a bit oily initially but it is absorbed quickly. It smells great too, although I have heard some who think the smell is too strong.

It is not the total answer for my pain but it sure helps.
    It is available in Canada if anyone is questioning that.

Kathy.
  10. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have some peppermint extract at home that a friend told me to get for headaches and I think I might try that on the bad spot and see what happens.

Hopefully the worst thing is that I will smell like a breath mint!

Sonya
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

GAG! Awful...very strong and awful. I like the smell of Icy Hot better and that's not saying much. We are all so different, it isn't surprising that one cure doesn't work for all.

The peppermint smell might be better, but how does it work? Thanks for posting about the cheap place to get this stuff...hope it's the same.

Thanks!
    Sue
  12. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

I haven't tried the stuff y'all are talking about tho'. What I like about the Theragesic is that after it is absorbed, you can take a shower to get rid of the smell. It doesn't smell that bad, tho'; my 6 y/o thinks it smells wonderful!! I use the regular strength, but I just saw on the shelf a super-duper strength. Maybe I'll try that next time....

Is 024 available in NO. CA? I'd like to try it, too.
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

In California, all Rite-Aid Drug Stores carry it. Where do you live in No CA? I live in Eureka...about as northern as you can get.

Sue
  14. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

I live near (well, an hour away) Yreka. I went to a rheumy there in Eureka a couple of times, but...the drive was long!!
    I just moved here from Lake Co., CA. I love it here!! Real close to Medford, and good shopping, if I can handle the 2 hr. drive!

Peggi

[This Message was Edited on 08/05/2005]
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Which rheumy did you see in Eureka? It will be interesting to see if it's the same one I saw.

AND...in a couple years we are moving to Mt. Shasta, CA when my husband retires. How about that? We are going to build a house.

Well, I know there is a Rite Aid in Mt. Shasta, and most likely there is one in Weed. You might want to check out the web site mentioned, also.

Another one kinda in my neck of the woods.

(-:
    Sue
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

And the answer is??
  17. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

I'm trying to remember what his name is--I know I found it when I did a web search, so I'll try that and see....I'll let you know.

Mt. Shasta, huh? Beautiful country!! The little town I live in has 80 people in it--whenever we go to town, we think, there's too many people!!

Peggi
  18. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

I went to Jay Chung--his partner is Michael Dietz. On Harrison St., I think....
  19. hubby

hubby New Member

Sound like my kind of girl, I want to still buy out there, but I am afraid the land is too expensive. My famorite place in the world is Shasta, and I don't ski. I was born in Washington, so go back and forth up the coast, or did when I was growing up. My grandparents in Washing, and I was born in Vanvouver. I have always remenises about getting a little cabin in Dunsmeire, you know just little or was 30 plus years ago. We have retired to Canada still and I am still out on that verdict though my husband is doing his best to build me a wonderful house out of summer cottage, so I hate to say that. We are then going to get a 5th wheel and truck and travel the snowy months I hope. We will either do that, or rent places in different parts. Before this DD i loved to travel and now traveliing is me getting out of bed, and walking to the lake 500 feet away. A big adventrure to go to the small town Lac Du Bonnet, so i am now a stay at home hermit and so angry it is just as well I stay at home. I went out yesterday shopping with my sister in law and my husband was not home yet, I was locked out, no meds, and still really tired from being laid up the whole winter, so I got in bed at 7:30 and slept till 11:30 then went back to bed and literally slept until 5:00 today. My poor husband had to mud the drywall alone, and tidy the house, which I was to do, and i was to go to town, but didn't happen. I feel so bad, thank God I have a patient husband, though I am always ready for that dam to burst. Anyway had to tell you your house will be beautiful in that area.

Good night
    Hubby
  20. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Peggi...so Chung isn't great either? Well, that's two out of three. The other is a lady...wonder what she's like? I may see and then again, I might take my act on the road. Thank you for your response...we might bump into each other (OW!...forgot FM) in a couple years.

Hubby...yes, it is a great area, and we also have a 5th wheel to escape the winter if it gets too bad. I'm curious to see how the weather affects me, although it is far dryer over there than where we now live. And, except for the winter, it is far warmer and far less rainy. I hoping it has a good effect on me...or, maybe, we will all have a miracle drug soon! Now that would be the best. I'm sorry for your long, achey winter...how dreadful. I'll bet the darkness is hard as even here in NO CA the darkness gets to me in the winter; you are so much farther north. UGH!

Take care, you two. Thanks for writing to me...it is great to hear about you and your lives.

Gentle Hugs,
    Sue