Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by gapsych, Apr 15, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I just found out from my sleep study last week that I have OSB and will be going on the Cpap machine. I have not seen the doctor about this as I was just given the results and I see him next week.

Has anyone been diagnosed with this or know people who have?

Did it help with symptoms?

I am really really hoping this will help many of my symptoms. Probably won't cure the fibromyalgia but since sleep is crucial it has to help some.

Thanks in advance.

gap
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I have obstructive sleep apnea and have been sleeping with a CPAP machine for many years. I don't think I could sleep without it now!

My oxygen levels are up in the 90s during the day, but fall to 74 at night; therefore, I also sleep with oxygen which is piped in to my CPAP machine. It is not the bottled oxygen, but from an oxygen concentrator machine.

The CPAP takes a little getting used to sleeping with it, but you will get used to it after a few days.

I do recommend that they give you a machine that has a water tank in it -- it keeps your nose and throat from getting so dry.

It does help my sleeping. It doesn't directly help your fibro, but kind of indirectly, by getting a better night's sleep. However, I have so many health problems that cause pain, that I couldn't really tell you if it helped the fibro or not!!!

I do know that if your sleep apnea is bad enough, it can be fatal, so it's important to sleep with it every night whether or not you notice a difference in your fibro pain.