Occipital horn syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MelG, Feb 11, 2003.

1. MelG

MelG New Member

Occipital horn syndrome,
    one of the forms of Ehlers Danlos syndrome, inherited as an X-linked recessive trait. This variety involves a defect of copper metabolism leading to skeletal dysplasia. Some of its manifestations are unlike those seen in any other form of Ehlers – Danlos syndrome. Parasagittal bone exostoses arising from the occipital bone, boxlike deformities of the elbow, radial head dislocation, hammer-shaped lateral ends of the clavicles, and abnormalities of the hips and pelvis are among the radiographic features of this disease.

2. MelG

MelG New Member

So does this mean I am like retarded but managed to make it through half way to an associate's degree.

I don't get this one. It makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't know why patient's especially women are not given copies of their lab reports.

Men suffer too, don't get me wrong, by no means am I saying that.

MelG
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Knowledge sets you free. I have been trying to find out about about endentous mandibular problems and came across your mentioned condition. I wish I had written down the site concerning the above.

I read enough to scare the be-geebers out of this Texas gal! I can get NO answers. Not my doc, not the oral surgeon, who ck'd things yesterday (he had surgically removed them Monday week, with minimal nerve damage, but since I take 10/500...HELLO! I go Friday to be fitted for dentures if she can't see me sooner.

What next? Cactus.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am woefully inadequate to comment on this. Sorry I can't help you with it.

Love, Mikie