Och!! herxing, flaring from 4 lifeTransfer Factor

Discussion in 'Transfer Factor' started by mitch123, Oct 16, 2003.

1. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

Boy oh boy, 4 days into Taking one tiny capsule of 4life Transfer Factor and I'm flaring and herxing like never before!(okay I did over do my walking!) Personally I would like to take the immune 64 that Bek is taking, but I'm from New Zealand and it would cost to much and I have to get it shipped etc... to much hassle!when i can buy the 4life products in NZ.
    Nice to meet you all,working towards recovery...
    mitch
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

MITCH123:
    I can relate. I'm a week into TF64 (just took two this morning). I caught a bad cold just before starting, so I don't know if it's the cold or a herx, but I feel CRUMMY.
    Where in New Zealand do you live? I'm an outdoor enthusiast from New Mexico. I've always wanted to visit the south Island, for skiing, hiking, kayaking. Looks like paradise.
    I find it especially frustrating to live in incredible places and not be able to get out and explore right now!
    Take care,
    Kholmes
  3. spacee

spacee Member

Herxing is suppose to be a good sign that something is being killed.

I'm no doc but Olive Leaf Extract might be something that is milder to start with if it stays too rough. I have never tried it but I think Sujay takes 1 capsule a day. OLE used to be talked about alot on the FM/CFS board so you could do a search and learn more.

Anyway, I do hope you feel better soon.

Spacee
  4. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

kholmes, I live in the North Island, Auckland, I haven't been to the South Island! I've been around Europe, parts of Asia and Aussie, a little of America, but I haven't done the South Island of my own country! (Sad!!)I love the outdoors I've done white water rafting, skydiving, bungie jumping (typical thrill seeking things to try if you come to N.Z, if you don't have CFS!) I use to horse ride and jog and I love walking in the bush. I'm biast of course but New Zealand is a wonderful place to live. Anyway sorry to hear your feeling crummy, I hope things get better for you also.
    Whats New Mexico like?, the closest I've got to New Mexico is L.A.
    Spacee, I've read your posts, it's great that you are doing so well!
    I noticed my depression has improved since taking Transfer Factor, even though I'm flaring, which is a real bonus.
    Spacee are you another American gal?
    Cheers to improved health
    mitch
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2003]
  5. spacee

spacee Member

Sorry but I am an American older woman..hahaha (not girl). I have noticed that my depression is gone since TF. I didn't even know I was depressed..or felt "low" until it was gone. I like to travel to cities and see indoor stuff!! Art Museums, historical sites. I like to do my walking in airconditioning...what a baby I am.....

Smiles,

Spacee
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm sure you'll get to the south Island when you feel better.
    How long have you had CFS?
    For me, about 12 years, but I've been active during much of that time, teaching, mountain biking in Utah (Moab, Utah, is mountain biking mecca of the world), climbing peaks in Colorado.
    I'm in a relapse now, but I'm able to get out for errands, drives, and short walks. I'm on leave this semester.
    New Mexico is beautiful, high-desert country: cacti, mountains, high plains, incredible light; a mix of Anglo, Native American, and Hispanic cultures. Watch almost any American western movie, and it will probably look like New Mexico.
    How else are you treating your CFS? I'm eating lots of raw food, doing a major cleanse, taking Olive Leaf Extract, TF64, and a number of other herbs. No drugs, although I might try doxycycline soon.
    --kholmes
  7. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

khomles, your a mountain goat, all that climbing! lol! I saw your profile pic, beautiful! very different to all the native bush we have, you will have to come to NZ and climb Mount Cook (next remission phase you have! or when your totally recovered!)

I've had CFS for about 7 years I got a bad virus and it came on from there. It was never that bad at the start, I could travel and do some study. But it got worse 3 years ago, couldn't work, travel or study.
    My treatment plan from my naturopath started by getting allergy tests, identified problems there. Took a gut repair formula, had a lot of bowel inflammation, Leaky gut syndrome. Tried all the products ie CO Q 10, adrenal repair, maca root, NADH, chinese herbs, lots! , then settled in to taking Co q10 2x 100mg daily, multi vitamin, B vitamins, chromium.
    My latest phase of treatment was acupuncture, I've been going for the last year 2x a week. I can't say enough about it, it has slowly improved my health, I have quit going for the time being because acupuncture was bringing up depression for me, bit confused about that one!
    Which leads me into starting to take Transfer Factor, I have big hopes for this stuff. So I'm impatiently waiting to be totally healed by Transfer Factor!lol! (hey you never know!)
    mitch
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Seven years with CFS. No fun! It is beautiful here.
    It is definitely a dream of mine to trek and climb in New Zealand: Milford Sound, Mount Cook. I'd like to ski some of the club areas on the south island also. Ah, dreaming again...The film, LORD OF THE RINGS certainly caputures a lot of beautiful NZ scenery.
    My insurance actually covers accupuncture; I'll have to try that next.
    Still doing OLE, COQ10, fresh juices, lots of salads, no sugar--except from fruit, B vitamins, multivitamins, etc...
    I've tried most of the same things you are doing. I've found the healthy diet/raw food thing and cleansed help me as much as anything.
    Too early to tell on the Transfer Factor but I'm very hopeful it will work on underlying viruses. I've only been taking it for a week.
    I'm looking into taking long-term antibiotics, like doxycycline, or possibly antivirals, like acyclovir or famvir. Would rather go the natural route, though.
    Take care.
    --kholmes

9. James

James Guest

You may want to take a look at:
    <a href="http://www.TransferFactor.ws">www.TransferFactor.ws</a>
    There are a number of other TransferFactors that may work better for you.

10. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

Thanks for the letting me know about the Petrovic protocol, I'll check it out, I love doing research it's such a positive hope giving distraction from this illness.
    The Milford Track is on my do before I die top 10 list, I hear that kayaking around the Southern Alps is pretty amazing too.
    I'm thinking seriously about a raw food diet, not only would it be benefical for health, but all those natural enzymes in fruit and veg would take alot of pressure off the digestive system, saving the body energy. I put my dog on a raw meat and bones diet and her energy sky rocketed, she is so much happier, a real pain in the arse! also she lost her doggy smell, she just doesn't smell!
    How are you feeling, better, I'm better, but really tired, I can still go for my walk around the beach front, it keeps me sane, just!
    take care
    mitch
    p.s I reckon we enrolled Bek into traveling to New Mexico and New Zealand and at the rate she is improving she proberly will be visiting! We really should be getting a commission from our respective countries tourist boards for the free advertising! lol!

BEK - hello sunshine girl, I'm glad for you, your out of bed and off the couch and improving, thanks for the encouragement to keep with the Transfer Factor. I am going to stay on it for sure, one thing CFS has taught me (even a stubborn student like me!) is patience and tolerance!
    Intergrative therapy, cool another thing to research! goodluck with the VCiv, would you be so kind to do some follow up posting on that treatment?
    Well catch you around, and take care
    mitch
  11. spacee

spacee Member

Thank goodness for all the TF's. I wanted to let you know that Sujay improved to 60% with TF and bumped it up to 95% with the Doxy. She also used colostrum sublingually but now is able to go with OLE alone...if I have my facts right. She was able to conquer her EBV with TF!

It is great to be alive again. We will never give up!

Smiles,

Spacee