October Birthdays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Sep 30, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,

It's time to wish our October Birthday babies a Very Happy Birthday. Let us know when yours is so we can all help you celebrate it.

I'll start...mine is the 13th, hubby's the 18th and my Dad's is the 21st....

Happy Birthday Hugs,

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

We used to have 3 October birthdays in our family, but now we're down
    to two. I'd better get a couple cards.

The Oct. birthstone is the opal. Comes up in crosswords. I think it was
    back in the 60s or 70s someone figured out how to make opals in the
    lab. I have one. A dramatic fire opal. This teaches us that we can
    have beauty in our lives without spending a lot of money.

So many happy returns to all you Oct. babies.

3. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Mine is October 26th. My big brother is on Halloween.
    No fair! I wanted a Halloween birthday!!!

I was born just in time to spoil his party though, by being the center of attention! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think he ever quite forgave me for that. hahaha

(Even if you're not a Scorpio!!!) LOL!!!
    (My sis-in-law is an October baby, but a Libra.)

[This Message was Edited on 10/01/2009]
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

for those born in the month of October,

Nancy - it seems that I share your hubby's birthday !! No tellin how old I am :) !! It is plenty old enough, let me tell you !! Same age as Rock by a few months.

Pip - did you say yours was in Oct too? How wonderful.

May we awl have a gareat birthday, happy and as helathy as we can be under the circumstances. (not to much pain ) ! If tha tis possible. Do whatever we al can do to have FUN.

5. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

My yearly retreat used to be my gift to myself, but since I can't get there lately...

I'm gonna treat myself to a trip to the science center to see the Titanic exhibit, lunch in my fave restaraunt (Cunninghams' on 4th St), & a ghost walk (which is mostly outdoors, on sidewalks, where I can roll the chariot).

Mom always makes me a cake - either devils' food, or banana walnut - & gets me a small gift.

My brothers all send cards and/or give me a B-Day phone call.

3 friends, in other towns, also send a small gift.

What do y'all do for your B-Day?

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

In 24 years of marriage, I doubt if my husband's been home for 3 of my birthdays. Since the beginning of the fiscal year starts in October, there's always money to send him somewhere other than here during this month.

This year he's already been gone for almost 3 weeks at a school in DC and he won't be back home for another 3 weeks so my birthday is usually just another day for me.

I don't mind it at all, birthdays beat the heck out of the alternative!

7. kjade

kjade New Member

My b-day is October 26!! October is just my favorite month of the year. I just love the fall colors and the cooler weather. I wonder if it's because I was born this month?

My anniversary is October 11. It will be 13 years!! OMG...I can't believe it was that long ago already.

Hey Pippi! It looks like we share the same b-day! How cool! Scorpios rule!!

Happy Birthday to all October babies!!
  8. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Once I checked to see if any famous peeps shared my (our!) B-Day.

The only person who popped up was Hillary Clinton....

And yes, Scorpios rule! Especially in my family. LOL!
    Poor Mom! 4 outta 6 kids are Scorpios!!!!!
    (2 late Oct. & 2 early Nov.)

Happy Birthday Month!!!!!!

9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I think I am a Libra. Does that count??

We don't do a whole lot for our birthdays. Maybe DH and I will go out to dinner, either that day or the weekend, which ever works out the best. We usually do not buy each other presents (maybe it is because we never had much growing up) parties and lots of presents like many kids do, esp now days.

I will probably get calls from kids, some cards and maybe a gift or two from the kids. None are that close so it is hard to just pop in.

Yep Nancy, birthdays are much better than the alternative :) !!

[This Message was Edited on 10/03/2009]
  10. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i didn't go on the porch as it is full.

My birthday is the 19th, my DIL the 20th and grandson is the 21st. We never seem to celebrate together. Oh well, I am just happy to be having birthdays,

Luv ya,.

11. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

our tradition is to celebrate "the birthdays" with a weenie roast on a crisp fall evening, for the 5 (includes a SIL) with b-days within a 2-week span.

Big Fun is had by all!

PS: Granni: Yes, Libras count too, as y'all actually have most of the month! LOL!!!
  12. kjade

kjade New Member

Some other famous people who share our birthday:
    Mahalia Jackson
    Jackie Coogan
    Bob Hoskins
    Pat Sajak
    Jaclyn Smith
    Lauren Tewes
    Cary Elwes
    Mike Hargrove

We still celebrate birthdays in my family complete with cake and singing. My mom usually cooks a nice dinner, and she always bakes my favorite Dutch Apple pie. yum! We usually have a Halloween type theme for my b-day since it is so close to Halloween. I usually like to carve the pumpkins with my kids that day too.
    (I don't know what will happen this year though, because my SIL and mom are still not talking and our family is breaking apart over it....so I don't think they will get together to celebrate my b-day this year, which makes me sad.)
    I am getting to the age that I really am not too excited about birthdays though.....because I just keep getting older. Bleh.... AND I have to get new license plates and an AIM test for my car. Fun, fun!!
  13. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Belated happy birthday to all October babies:) Have a great year ahead!

14. sisland

sisland New Member

To all you October babies!,,,,My youngest girl will turn 23 on the 22nd,,,,she's all about a big party every year!,,,,It's fun!,,,HUgs!,,,sis