October Welcome Thread.......Welcome Newbies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hugs4evry1, Sep 28, 2006.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Let's welcome all of our new October newbie members together in one thread.

Let us know if you're new here so we can all get to know you better.

If you've been lurking, that's ok, we did it too in the beginning but feel free to join in our discussions.

Tell us a little bit about yourself....

May you make wonderful friends here, find comfort and support and may you learn new ways to deal with the day to day living with FM/CFS.

Welcome and Hugs all,

Nancy B.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2006]
  2. Rebeck

Rebeck New Member

THANK YOU NANCY, I HAVE HAD FIBROMYALGIA FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS, AND HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT, I HAD ALWAYS BEEN SO ACTIVE BUT ALL OF A SUDDEN I BEGAN TO HAVE TO CUT OUT SOME OF THOSE THINGS IT HURT TO BAD, FROM THE CHRONIC PAIN I DEVOLPED HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE , ONLY WT. 126LBS, THEN I GOT THYROID PROBLEMS, AND DR PUT ME ON DURGESIC PATCHES, AND THEY HELPED SOME, FOM THERE I DEVELOPED PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY, MY HANDS, LEGS AND FEET TINGLE, AND NOW SOMEDAYS VERY COLD AND THER TIMES IT IS LIKE SOMETHING IS CRAWLING ON ME, BITING AND STINGING ME, I WENT TO GET UP ONE DAY AND I FELL IN FLOOR THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A STROKE, WENT TO HOSITAL AND I HAD CELLULITIES SWOLLEN BAD, AND ALSO HAD DOUBLE PNEUMONIA, AND CONSTANT DIARRHEA, COULDN'T EAT FOR 6 MTS. WHEN I LEFT THE HOSPITAL { DUE TO THE STEROIDS AND ANTI-BIOTICS ] I GOT UP TO 212LBS, I AM NOW BACK TO 131LBS, MY CHOLESTROL IS HIGH, THE DR. FINALLY TOLD ME THAT HE HAD NOTHING ELSE TO OFFER ME, I KNEW I WAS GOING TO DIE, THE DR WOULDN'T LET ME COME HOME BECAUSE I COULDN'T WALK AND AFTER 11 DAYS SENT ME TO A NURSING HOME, AND I BEGGED MY HUSBAND TO GET ME OUT OF HERE,AND HE DID,I DECIDED TO GO TO MY OLD DR.'S IN A LARGER TOWN, I WAS IN A WHEELCHAIR AND THEY BEGAN TO HELP ME.I CAN WALK SOME HOLDING ON TO MY HUSBAND, AND HAVE GONE TO CHURCH 9 SUN. NIGHTS, AND I CAN EAT SOME THINGS, I HAVE A WWONDERFUL HUSBAND, HAD TO WEAR DIAPERS, AFTER HOME I FELL AND BROKE NY LEFT ARM. I AM GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY, BUT THE B/P, ETC. STARTED FROM THE FIBRO, I WILL NEVER BE PERFECTLY WELL, BUT GOD HAS BROUGHT ME A LONG WAY, I NEVER UNDERESTIMATE HIM. MY DR. TOLD ME THE OTHER DAY HE THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE, BUT IT WASN'T MY TIME YET, I AM 66 YRS, OF AGE ,AND I HAVE LEARNED ALOT FROM FIBRO, I WAS TAKING 16 RX. AND WHEN I GOT HOME I THREW THEM UP EVERYTIME I TOOK THEM, SO I STOPPED TAKING THEM FOR 3 MTS. , I HAVE GOT ALOT OF FLABBY SKIN WHERE I LOST ALL THAT STEROID WT. THE DR. STHE WHITE CELLS WERE EATING UP THE RED CELLS, BUT I AM GETTING BETTER. PRAY FOR ME, [email address removed as per rules]
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I do have to warn you though that posting your e-mail address is against the rules here at Pro Health.

They try to keep us safe with this rule.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I just bumped a thread by fight4acure and another by lolalee that is great for new or lurking members. THe other threads went into detail about the board and I thought they were a good combo for your thread.

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. You will find lots of nice people here to share info, experience, jokes, etc.

You certainly have a more health problems than one person should bear. Hope things start to improve.
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I just want to add my welcome to all the new people who have joined recently. This site has been so helpful for me. I hope you find the information and support you are looking for.

Kathy
  7. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Just thought I would jump in here and add my 2 cents! Havn't been here long but would like to acknowlegde and THANK who ever decided on the large print for this forum!
    THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!

I am a long time sufferer of cfs, fibro and also have cluster migraine syndrome, which is really just a fancy name for a BAD HEAD! I have so much trouble reading small print other forums seem to insist on so I havn't been able to join any. I can't read the ones here that are all in capitals either, it makes my head pound too much.

Also this board sounds really positive and welcoming.
    Hope to meet you all and make some friends here.
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's kind of funny, but since I'm in Europe I don't think my bumps do much good since all of you are sleeping when I'm on in the mornings here.

Anyway....bump

Nancy B
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Bump,

Nancy B
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

To bump for the newbies....

Nancy B
  11. Mindy7

Mindy7 New Member

July before last suddenly every joint in my body became stiff and I felt like I had the flu. My doctor sent me to Rheumy who said I probably had Lupus, started me on Daypro, Methotrexate and depomedrol shots.

since then it has been a rollar coaster ride between depomedol shots, and extreme pain. I kept telling him my joints were getting better, but the muscle pain had started getting bad. He kept promising it would get better once we got the inflamation down, it was just fibro.

Since then I have missed more work than I can count. and have gotten very little relief. Then last month I called him for another work excuse, and was given the message that he could not keep writing me out of work everytime I felt bad. I never suffer fools gladly, so I fired him.

So I have an appointment with a neurologist on Monday who treats both arthritis and fibro and I am going to ask him to take me out of work. Until I get better or we decide I won't get better.

I work 12 hour night shift as a critical care nurse, and it has become a nightmare.

Now I am trying to figure out what next? If I leave work then what?

Already some of you have helped me in the chat room while I try to come to terms with the way my life is now. Hope to talk to you again real soon.
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

So glad you could join us, but so sorry you had to.

Have you tried a good balanced magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement for the muscle aches?

This supplement alone turned that problem around for me.

We're all different, so maybe you could ask your doc about this too. So glad you fired the other one, I would have too.

Hugs and welcome,

Nancy B
  13. Mindy7

Mindy7 New Member

I am taking vitamins fish oil, and folic acid. the vitamin contains some of those minerals, but probably not enough. I am already enjoying this site, It is so good to know that there is really someone who understands what this is like!