Odd and terrible tendon pain....new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovepink4, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I have been ill will FM for 7 years and haven't had this awful tendon pain since the very beginning.....i had forgotten about it and it was never this severe....but, the tendons in my legs and up near my hip sockets are aching something terrible!!! it feels like they are too short....it isn't really a burning pain but oh how they ache!

the last three days have been really bad .....and we are getting our first snow of the year today so it might be the weather change....i live in northern Minnesota....

anyone else from around here having the same problem ? i can' ttake this much longer...i don't want to have to call my doc over this....the only thing i predict he would do is want to up my dosage on my pain patch....i am already at 100 mgs and i wish i had never started the patch since i am afraid of the day that i have to wean off of it...i have heard horror stories...

oh, man, i can t stand this pain.... my husband is out of town, hunting with our sons and i am home with our daughter who is disabled....i am responsible for her from 8 pm until 9 am....and then a few hours in the after noon....

has anyone ever had to go to the hospital for pain? won't they just send us home since the think we are drug seekers?

i wish i had someone who cared about me, here....my husband really wouldn't be any help if he was here. He isn't the type to sit and rub my back or comfort me if I was crying. He just ignores the crying. He can' thandle it....i am completely alone with this pain....and i can tell it is getting worse if I am reaching out to you guys here at prohealth....there isn't anything you can do to help me but man, it helps to call out that you are hurting and actually have someone hear you.
    i feel like it is creeping up the side of my head and giving me a headache....like the tendons in my neck and head are getting shorter and pulling and causing pain....

i need you guys....help!
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i just wrote on another post about new pain. and i feel for ya, on both accounts. the hubby thing and the pain :( i have both problems!
    when the weather changes, like it's doing now( cold and wet) i hurt all over! more so than normal.
    i'm afraid the ER would be a waste of time, at least here it is.if they give you anything you will be lucky. when mine gets too bad, i take my pain meds, and do an epsom salt hot bath, and heating pad. and try and wait it out.
    sounds like Maybe a muscle relaxer would be helpful if your not taking one. your definately not alone Honey, were all in the same boat :(
    Hope you feel better soon!!

3. jole

jole Member

I really don't think it's tendons....it sounds like your muscles tightening up. Mine do that also in my upper back, shoulders and neck, which will then cause horrible tension headaches. I take Ultram for pain, and can only take 2 every 6 hrs. They give me some relief for about 1 hr.

I can tell you gals something that has helped me. Not sure if it's okay on this site, but it's called Sombra. My neurologist started me on it. It's a gel you rub on your muscles...kinda like Icy Hot, etc. Nothing has ever worked for me...not even the stuff the PT therapists use. But this does. You can order it online if interested.

As far as the weather, I become housebound in the winter due to the pain/fatigue. Even if I didn't have a calender and was kept in a temp controlled room, I swear I could tell you when the end of August got here :( And every year I tell my hubby I honestly don't think I can survive another winter.....but it seems I do. Best of luck to you.......Jole

4. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Jole, the same thing happens to me about mid way through august....the pain starts to escalate and i have no energy....all my symptoms get worse....

i should give the sombra a try...i have never tried any topical ointments...the pain is so deep, it just seems like it would not get in that far to help....maybe in my neck...but in my legs and hips..i don't know...i should at least try it....thanks for the suggestion...

thanks for the reminder about muscle relaxants...i have flexeril except it knocks me unconscious for an entire day...and that is just half a tablet!!!! and it suprises me cuz i can take 2 percocet every 6 hours in addition to a fentanyl patch and not even feel it....i don't feel sleepy or affected by it at all....but give me half a flexeril and i am in a coma!!!

i knew that i could count on you friends here at pro health....you always give me that pick me up when i am feeling down in the dumps and lonely....thank you....thank you....thank you!!!
  5. roge

roge Member

wishing you some relief lovepink, hang in there

heh jole, when muscles get tight , they pull on tendons and why it could very well be tendon pain. i get both muscle and tendon pain.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Physical therapy can help us keep our connective tissues from tightening up. It needn't be hard exercise. When I first got sick with FMS, I got PT which I could even do in bed lying down. It helped keep the pain and stiffness down.

All our connective tissues can be damaged by our illnesses. I snapped my bicep tendon from a fall and when the doc went in to repair it, he said it was in very bad shape. That's not unusual for us.

I hope you are feeling better and can get some help. I highly recommend PT as long as you find a good therapist who understands our limitations.

Love, Mikie
  7. Chelz

Chelz New Member

What you are describing is what I am going through as well. As a matter of fact, I'm seeing a new rheumatologist this Friday, the 19th, to discuss this very issue.

It burns, it aches something fierce, and like you, I have always described it as my muscles getting shorter and shorter and the pain is unbearable. Mine almost feels like a toothache, like that constant dull pain and it feels like it is tightening up.

I get the pain in both hips, deep within the hips, but I also feel the pain in my thighs, and it will go down both legs until the knee, then it stops from there.

The right hip socket is much worse than the left, it is killing me right now, but I am trying to bear with it, just took an Aleve about an hour ago, but that won't kick in for at least 4 hours, then it just dulls the pain for a few hours, then bam it happens again.

Yes, I have felt like going to the emergency room a lot over this problem. But, it is so hard to explain and, like you, I am afraid they will think I'm seeking drugs, which I am not, but it's just so odd. If the pain is very severe, I will feel it also in the pelvic area, not a good feeling at all.

I will see what this new doctor has to say. Even though we sound like we might have the same pain, it could be different for you, but I will see if he thinks this is FM related, or maybe something else, not sure about that. Oh boy, I feel for you, it is just awful. I live with the heating pad, ice pack, Aleve, anything to help dull it.

I do have issues with my low back, which I think a lot of FM'ers have as well, maybe it's coming from that, but like you said it's odd, weird, and just plain strange. I will let you know, by the way "I love Pink" as well, just had to throw that in. Hugs to you, Chelz.