odd experience with grape seed extract!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulalbert, Sep 3, 2003.

1. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

Right now it is 5:10 in the morning. I have been up the whole night and all but four hours of the previous one. Why am I awake? It's pretty clear: it's the grape seed extract. (I am not complaining-- today I got done virtually every single errand that I have wanted to do over the last three weeks but haven't had the energy.) I know grape seed extract is only an antioxidant, but, holy cow, this stuff is really having an effect on me.

If I had to guess, I would say it has something to do with the lack of fruit in my diet. (Unfortunately, I react badly to foods with a lot of vitamins and minerals and haven't been able to tolerate foods that contain GSE.) This sudden burst of energy may have more to do with that than anything.

I am, however, a little worried that I will crash.

Can anybody out there speak to this situation? What the heck is going in my body? Am I harming myself?

Paul
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

I know if you OVER DO it is a Good Idea to Pamper self,EXTRA water good start.Many times with this System cleansing,I too, have had some trouble w/sleep with uncontrolable *Extra*energy.The thought of why for me is the release of toxins,increase of blood and oxygen,causes the body to FEEL GOOD. Then of course WE being US have Overreaction to the Stimulation.Try and take advantage and if not on simple Exercise Routine Start,if are on one ,utilize Extra Energy to help BUILD STAMINA w/stretches. My Thoughts.
    (((((((((((((((((((hugs4luck)))))))))))))))))))))))

peace,
    eZ
  3. Donna39

Donna39 New Member

I started taking this a few days ago and still feel like crap.I bought the concentrated kind and it tastes sooooooo
    bad,even mixed with a whole glass of water. How long have you been taking it? I could sure use some energy right now,I have been down and out for a good month now and can't seem to have one good day lately.This is way out of the norm for me.I am usually a get-up-and-go kind of person,even though the pain is there.The brain fog will not even budge,sometimes I think that I have got to have something else wrong with me besides this DD.How can anyone feel this bad everyday of their life?I have tried everything possible and frankly I am feeling like giving up hope.So much energy has been used trying to get better and now I only find myself getting worst and running out of options.I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL AGAIN!!!! Is that too much to ask?Sorry to be so negative,but thats just how I am feeling today.Maybe it will get better.
    Hugs-Donna
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2003]
  4. simka

simka New Member

As I was browsing through things I noted to come back to when I was more with it I realized that one of the things about this thread is my confusion about whether we're talking about the same thing here. I have two "GSE's" in my cabinet, one is grape seed (an extract of it and an antioxidant) and the other is grapeFRUIT seed extract, which also is labelled "GSE", comes in a dropper bottle and is supposed to have some good anti somehing or other properties.

If either one of these will give me the kind of boost you got, Paul, I think I will order more!

Paul, did you crash after your post, I hope not but it's all too possible even with "normal" people after an all-nighter like that? I gather "we folks" are inclined to overdo when we have the energy to do so - remember the old folk song refrain "when will they ever learn"? ;) (I think it was "BLowin in the wind".)

[ advertisement ]