Odd light spots in vision, corner of eye... Bedridden and concerned...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by happycfs, Jun 7, 2013.

1. happycfs

happycfs Member

Hi again friends!

I am wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this..

I have been having these sort of bright light spots in the top left corner of my vision on my left eye. It comes for about one full second and then fades. ...I am bedridden most of the day, and getting out of the house if sincerely just about impossible. When I do leave, I often faint and then have several days of much more pain and fatigue than usual. So, going to the doctor is only for emergencies mostly. ...Hmm.. Any thoughts on this perhaps?

I have had these before and they seem to just go away. But it has been happening a lot over the last fews days, maybe even week or two actually. Thanks guys!!!
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I hate to scare you BUT you absolutely need to see an eye doctor. This could be a sign of retina detachment.....very serious.
  3. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I would go see an opthalmologist soon. It's probably nothing to worry about but there is no way to know for sure without a thorough examination. I had visual disturbances that started last year and went to the ER thinking I was having a stroke or mini-stroke.

It turned out to be ocular migraines. They are not serious but can be very scary. You really cannot diagnose this yourself. I understand being homebound. I never leave home except for medical appointments. It's just something I have to make myself do. If I don't, I know it could be worse down the road. I just had a tooth extraced 3 weeks ago and found out last Tuesday that I need 2 more extractions, maybe a root canal, and have to have a deep scaling and planing.

These things will require more energy that I can imagine. I have to do it somehow. I'm in pain all the time from one thing or another. I have CFS, FM, and a host of other problems. Now this. I don't have dental insurance either and the projected cost is about $6,000. That hurts too.

I am in a wheelchair when going out too. I look like a ghost sometimes I guess, cause the dental hygienist kept asking me if I was okay, about every 10 minutes. The exam took 2 hours.. GB66
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have to agree. I've been bedridden most of the time so I know how difficult it is to get to doc appts. Still, when your visual health is at risk, you really need to find a way to get this checked out. The last thing you need is another serious health problem. Good luck and, please, let us know how you are doing.

Love, Mikie
  5. Nikki

Nikki Member

Please see an eye dr. ASAP. Like everyone else, I don't won't to scare you . . . and your problem is likely benign; however, my husband's similar eye problem turned out to be ocular melanoma. We were told it was very rare. He had to have surgery almost immediately. Thankfully, our insurance covered the cost even tho we had to travel to another state. The surgery was successful b/c the cancer was caught very quickly; but, he did lose his vision in that one eye. He has full body scans now yearly. We feel very blessed to have caught it early.

My youngest son has ocular migraines . . . these are benign episodes that seem to come on with stress.

I fully understand how hard it is to get to a Dr when you have fibro, especially when you are bedridden. But, please try.

Also, please keep us updated.

Soft Hugs and God's Blessings,
    Sharon
  6. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I really can't help you with the eye problems......but just wanted to comment on your fainting.......Have you had a tilt table test done.......The fainting could be caused by postural orthostatic tachycardia or mediated hypotension.

I agree with the others you really need to see an eye doctor.......Hope you find out the problem...
    Andrea
  7. happycfs

happycfs Member

Gosh, thank you everyone for your kind and thorough input! I know that it is not always easy to write this much, thank you so much!!

The spots have seemed to fade from my eye again (THANK GOD!) but I am taking all of your words very seriously. I have started looking for a good eye doctor in my area. I have a friend who is an eye doctor, but I would have to go on a veryyyy long car ride. My body just can't do it. I am so nervous to leave the house again. The last two times i left, I went to doctors and had to leave very early due to extreme weakness and pain. I fainted for days after each time.

Man, this disease is difficult! But I thank god / the universe / life for people like you, who go out of their way to help each other, and to preserver! Thank you friends...