odd question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by newtoboard, Jul 12, 2003.

1. newtoboard

newtoboard New Member

This may be an odd question and I don't know if you will be able to help but I thought you all have so much info that I would give it a try - I have a weird sensation in one side of my face it feels as thogh the muscles on one side of my face are being pulled down in the jaw and side of my mouth area - not really painful just an odd feeling - my face does not look as though it is drooping just that pulling sensation - I know odd - any input would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

kelly
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board.

I always feel every new symptom should be reported to the doc. This sounds like a neurological symptom and we do have a lot of those which affect our muscles. It's not unusual for us to feel our muscles pull or twitch nor for us to have numbness and tingling. Still, it's always better to be safe and call the doc.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Kelly, welcome to our world. Yes, I have had those sensations, often. I had a pain that would feel like lighting shooting from my neck to the top of my head. It was scary and yet it was so quickly gone that I would wonder sometimes if I felt it or imagined it.

When you do go to your doctor, have him check your magnesium levels.

That seemed to be a lot of my problems. Since I started taking magnesium, a lot of those muscle twitches, numbness, and shooting pains are mostly gone.

I think it is agreed by most of the researchers now that we are deficient in this mineral, which is so important for the healing of our muscles while we sleep.

I also started drinking half my body weight in OUNCES of water, I was dehydrated from years of not drinking any water but to take a pill.

I hope you are feeling better soon, and never feel that any question you have is 'odd', these are two of the oddest sicknesses around!

Shalom, Shirl