Odd "Spots" on Skin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hdparadis, May 14, 2009.

1. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

I have noticed a weird new issue/symptom and wondered if anyone has any ideas. I get these pricking sensations, almost like a bee sting. The spot where the stinging occurs then becomes red and irritated looking with a tiny water blister at the top. Over the next few days the spot will slowly change into a small patch that looks very much like ringworm. It takes a few weeks but it does heal leaving a darker, leathery looking patch behind. I get this on my arms, hands, face, back and neck only and it itches like crazy. There are times I would love to just sit and have my hubby scratch my back for hours! I never seen any insects, it cannot be a bee sting because I am highly allergic and ringworm doesn't just go away without treatment. I am at a loss and going crazy from the itching. Please say someone has an idea.
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I get these little areas of what looks like small bubbles, then they peel and turn into sore areas about the size of a dime with defined red edges.

They take ages to go and no steroid cream works on them.

They only happen on my hands and fingers.

I don't know what this is, I too thought ringworm but it doesn't fit with this.

Hope you find some answers.

Hugs Bunchy x
  3. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

The little bumps on your hands, do they resemble tiny water blisters that ooze when the top peels? Also, are they super itchy? If so you may want to look up "hand eczema". I had that when I was a teenager as a result of an allergy. Turns out I can't handle carbon copies with my bare hands. Who would have guessed?
  4. outofstep

outofstep Member

that's what it sounds like hdparadis-better get it checked out by a dr
  5. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

I guess I'll be making a trip to the Dr.