Off Balance, Anyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Oct 5, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Well, among the many miseries of this darn dd seems my off balance is getting to be another big problem. Especially of the mornings which seems to be worse but it comes and goes through out the day. Because of this I am afraid to drive, not that I do much driving anymore, like everything else.

I was trying to take a shower this morning, which is hard enough but now the off balance which makes it scary because of falling..

The balance problem is nothing new, just like everything else seems to be getting worse. Then with the balance problem triggers my anxiety .. Oh, well did get the shower now back to bed I go..

God Bless,
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

my balance has been off more lately too.

have you considered getting a showerchair? they are not expensive and there are all kinds.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Goatwoman, do you take PT is so has it helped? I went to a chirop. it made me worse but only went twice and when I had to lie flat, it seemed to trigger a vertigo like feeling , then the anxiety. So never went back.

Do you have CFIDS? Sometimes I think is this anxiety but I think the balance issues trigger the anxiety.

Thanks for your reply,
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I cannot stand long enough to take a shower, so the suggestion of a shower chair works well, but still takes soooooo much energy!!

Also, I signed up for Life Alert. Since living alone, I have fallen, so now I have this on my arm, and if I got into a bad fall I can just press the button & they answer. Only hassel is you have to have a phone on you at all times. But I just put a phone holder on a back wrap that is helpful for back as well.

You get choices as to what kind of help you need. A friend or an ambulance. Very comforting for me as at my age falling a breaking a hip is so common.

My loss of balance & dizziness get much worse when the barometric pressure drops or I haven't had enough sleep or "whatever"............who knows!!!

Just a few suggestions that might be of help to you.

Gentle hugs.............carole
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel, I am dizzy and off balance more and more each day. I have a venous angioma on my brain stem, which seem to be the problem.

I hope you find the reason for your, good luck.