Off Balance

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelle16, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Hey all,

I have noticed lately that I feel off balance and find my self bumping into things. Like tables that have been in the same spot for years.It not really a dizzy feeling I just feel Off-balance I don't know if this makes any sense. also I bump my head on stuff alot I have a big knot on my head right.Sometime I feel Like I should'nt be driving I'm so scattered brained and confused All the time.I know alot of it is fibrofog.Just wondering if anyone else ever experiences this .

Shelle
  2. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Hey all,

I have noticed lately that I feel off balance and find my self bumping into things. Like tables that have been in the same spot for years.It not really a dizzy feeling I just feel Off-balance I don't know if this makes any sense. also I bump my head on stuff alot I have a big knot on my head right.Sometime I feel Like I should'nt be driving I'm so scattered brained and confused All the time.I know alot of it is fibrofog.Just wondering if anyone else ever experiences this .

Shelle
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I know how you feel! I walk into furniture a lot. Usually it's because I'm in a hurry and don't watch where I'm going. But I hit my legs and hips on my bed or going around a corner! I have so many black-and-blue marks on my hips. I think it must be due to all the sensory overload we have. It's hard to focus on things. Maybe someone on this board should invent some rubber padding we could wear to keep from getting hurt (lol)!!!!

Annette2
  4. kellym

kellym New Member

Hi Shelle!
    I'm the same exact way! I either hit my head on or bump into something almost every single day! My family thinks I'm nuts and super-clumsy. Its annoying to always be scatter-brained & confused all the time, isn't it!

Don't worry-you're definately not alone on this!

Wishing you balance,
    Kelly M
  5. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Thanks for the replies hate to hear that others feel the same way I do but it is good to know that someone understands and that your not crazy. I know my kids think I'm losing it. I've also noticed that I moved at a slower pace than usually. That could also have something to do with the extra weight I have put on. I just cant' seem to get it together as quick as I use to.

Good luck to you all!
    HUGS

6. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

I feel that way all the time. Its not fun, i have to live with it. Some days are better than others. I bump into stuff all the time and sometimes if i lean over to far i have to catch myself or i will tip right over. So sorry you feel this, You are not alone.

stephanie
  7. susabar

susabar New Member

Yes, Shelle me too.. My fibro became full blown in early November.... a few days later i woke up one morning and was " off balance". I'm sorry to say though that it never went away completely. Your body does compensate quite quickly ! I have to becareful when I first wake up in the morning... I stagger all over the place.
    A couple times I was so "scatter-brained" I was actually afraid to get behind the wheel of a car.
    Good Luck, God bless us all !!
    Susabar