Off board for awhile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CinCA, Mar 9, 2006.

1. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Too much going on with my mom here, hubby gone on business thru Fri., daughter starting to really act up, etc.

Of course, mom is sleeping as she doesn't feel well and didn't sleep good last night. She has a headache. I feel bad for her, but also it's a little like "grrr..." as I feel that way pretty much every single day and get no help whatsoever from anyone. Sorry...just venting a bit.

Seem to be over the flare to the point I am thinking of unpacking some leftover boxes. I'll see if I can at least get through one. I think yesterday was the worst of a cold I came down with Mon....now I'm in the messy/constantly runny nose stage.

I also plan to call the FFC in Torrance and at least inquire about svcs. May need to wait 'til new insurance kicks in (May); not sure. For now, I'm just trying to get through each day as usual and act as "high-functioning" as I can for my mom, as she needs me, too. She has been able to help a bit with my daughter, although she throws her hands up when daughter flips out and tells me she doesn't know how I do it and she just can't. Like I have a choice, but honestly daugher is sooo much better now than she was. Don't know what to do...taking daughter back to her doctor (and mine...naturopath) next week for a checkup. Plan to talk to him about FFC, too. He's really cool about stuff like that and would give me a straight answer if he thought it would help.

Thanks so much to everyone for your help, prayers, etc. I so appreciate it! I wish you all the best and will pop in as usual later on when I have more free time. It may be in a few weeks, as we are going with hubby on a business trip the week after next.

Again, wishing you the best,
    C.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/09/2006]
  2. CinCA

CinCA New Member

"Mum" is in bed with a sinus headache, so I have some time to catch up on stuff today. So appreciate your post, and I hope you are doing well.

C.
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

We will look forward to your return.

Hugs.
    Kendra
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I was laying low too. Boy missed a lot!!!!
    Love Anne C
  5. CinCA

CinCA New Member

May have time to do that sporadically the rest of this week and next before our trip.

I had a really rough afternoon. Kiddo was clingy/crawling around at her ballet class...obviously the adjustment issues re: our move are starting. She also decided she likes sucking her thumb...something she has never, ever done. I am at my wits' end...she's been such a brat today. Doesn't help her daddy's out of town 'til late Fri. and my mom is here but was in bed herself most of the day with a sinus headache. Meanwhile, my head again feels stuffed with cotton and I have the makings of another migraine myself. I just ache and ache, and I am only 37 and don't even have FM, fortunately. Oh, how I feel for all the FM folks out there!!!

I so appreciate everyone's warmth and sincerity on this board. I have to say I am so miserable since we moved...have not made one friend, or even close to one (well, I do at least TALK for 2 mins. to a preschool mom). I don't even know or have even seen just about any of the neighbors (we've been here over a month now), so I just called a pet sitting service for our trip. Honestly, the nicest person to me was the housekeeper I got for 1x a month because I just can't do it anymore, and we need to keep this rental place in decent shape (if it was our house, I wouldn't even care).

Hubby also comes home and is like, "Why is the house a mess? Why are there still boxes to unpack?" when I spend all day shuttling kiddo back and forth the 30 mi. roundtrip to school, doing literally 6 or 7 loads of laundry, and of course running all over to get food, etc. I am having a really bad night and am again seriously thinking of just throwing some clothes and an air mattress in our car and high tailing it back to our old house, which hasn't had much activity and nary an offer anyways. Things are not going well, and they don't seem to be getting hugely better.

I know it probably sounds like I myself am making up stories, saying I have not found ONE friend, that my kid can be so out of control, that my hubby is that awful in his treatment of me, but sadly, it really all is true. That is what hurts so badly and makes the support on this board that much more valuable. I so appreciate it and only hope I can give back a little in the posts I reply to.

I thought my flare was subsiding, but it came back with a vengeance later this afternoon. Doesn't help it's cold and is supposed to rain all weekend, and this head cold is acting up again tonight.

Well, gotta make dinner for me, kiddo, and my mom, even though I don't feel like eating. It never, ever ends. Thanks so much for everything, and hopefully next time I'm back on the board the sun will be shining and/or I will at least be in a better mood!

Thanks so very much, everyone!
    C.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/09/2006]