Off subject-What do you use to get smells out of carpet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Oct 2, 2005.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

Mom moved into senior citizens housing. Was supposed to clean the carpets for her but didn't. Can't seem to get rid of an odor in the carpet,especially in a closet. Have no idea what it is either. I know theere are products or old remedies she can use just can't remember them. Anybody know?

Thanks in advance,Keke
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

at any of the larger pet supply stores. They come in powders or liquid and the enzymes eat anything causing odors.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Just a little humor to brighten your day.

Lots of exotic cleaning stuff out there now. (Made from oranges imported from Israel with a little parsley added.)

My mother always said you could clean almost anything cheaply w/ baking soda, ammonia and/or vinegar.
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

The only way to go! There are many enzymatic cleaners available, but I've noticed they tend to be very expensive. And I'm sure you'd love a new carpet, but that can be expensive.

Febreeze really does smell great...very very clean...almost like line dried laundry. Gets rid of all sorts of nasties, and if bought at a drugstore abt 4-5 dollars. Can usually get it for abt $2 at a dollar store. Cheap and effective! LOL

Good luck! Nothing worse than dealing with "other people's smells" when you're trying to make a new place your own!

Rachel
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Well the Febreze would only last a few days, that is what it says on the bottle my hubby said. I like to use it before I have company.

I'd try the baking soda too. She may need to put an actual package of baking soda in the closet and let it stay for a month, too, then keep putting packages in there. Just like we do with the freezer and refrigerators. They make special packages just for refrigerators so you open the sides up and it won't spill out.

The Febreze she can use off and on.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

is great for carpets and won't hurt pets or birds.