off subject

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hawkeye, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I know that this is off subject and I am sorry but my last child is moving out as we speak and I know I should be happy but I just wanted to cry!!
    Does this go away??????

Hugs,
    Karen
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

sorry I can't relate, but I am sending you hugs {{{{{{{}}}}}}}}
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm not saying this because the subject is OT but this topic has been discussed by people going through it, just like you, on Chit Chat recently. I'm sure you'd get lots of sharing and support.

LOTS!

Rafiki

4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm not saying this because the subject is OT but this topic has been discussed by people going through it, just like you, on Chit Chat recently. I'm sure you'd get lots of sharing and support.

LOTS!

Rafiki

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What are the circumstances?

Going off to school, a marriage, a new life in a different city?

My son grew up and left home and now he doesn't want anything to do
    with me.

I haven't got over that.

If it's leaving for a positive reason and you stay in touch, I expect your
    feeling will change for the better.

Good luck
    Rock

6. debilyn

debilyn New Member

I so know how you're feeling.

My two sons moved out at the same time about 15 months ago. It took some getting used to. For me, it did get easier as time passed.

And now when they visit, they're so kind and polite, loving and considerate--all the characteristics I was hopingI was instilling in them as they were growing up.

Hang in there and hugs to you,
    debilyn
  7. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I felt the same way and the circumstances were positive. You don't say how old your child is, or under what circumstances he/she is leaving but a normal case of "empty nest syndrome" is to be expected.

Mine each left for college so I knew they were well on there way to becoming adults but that didn't make me miss either of them less.

The hardest part for me was when they'd come home on school breaks and I wanted them to hang out with me 24/7 but they wanted time to visit their high school friends.

It's a natural progression but it's hard on Mom's (and many Dad's also).

And yes, it does go away eventually. It's more like you sent away a child and you get back a young man/woman who is really kind of cool to get to know.

Drop in on the Chit Chat board and we'll keep you entertained enough that the time between visits will seem to pass more quickly.

Mystic