Off The Doxy & Herxing Like Crazy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, May 14, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I do periodic updates on my experience with the Doxycycline treatment. I quit taking it last week and today, I am Herxing like crazy. At first, I thought it was poisoning from the Red Tide which is still with us down here in SW Florida. I am getting the telltale burning in the torso which tells me it's a Herx Effect. I have a horrible headache and feel really crappy.

This happened the last time I pulsed off the Doxy and then I felt great. I am going to just stay off the Doxy this time as long as I can without the symptoms' returning and take my chances with an autoimmune response.

I am still drinking my olive leaf tincture tea, so it may well be a combination of factors. In any case, I always welcome the Herxes as a sign that good things are going on in my body.

This is the most critical part of treatment with the Doxy and there is very little known about what happens when one quits. We are treading into unknown territory here and I want to keep y'all informed on what's happening to me as I know many here will be at this place here one of these days. Please, if you can, say a little prayer that there is no autoimmune response; I appreciate it.

Love, Mikie
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I will be glad to pray for that Mikie and I hope you feel better real soon. My SOL and I are considering having the tests etc. but don't know much about it. I have been reading DR. Nicolsons material etc. I don't know what Herxing is but it doesn't send good to me! Good Luck, and you can count of a prayer from me.

Takesha
  3. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

lots of love and good vibes will be sending to you

pinkquartz
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your prayers and good wishes.

Lifedancer, I've been taking probiotics and enzymes for years and highly recommend them regardless of whether one is on ABX. They help with so many things. The Jarro-Dophilus sold here is the best probiotic I've ever used.

Love, Mikie
  5. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

Sometimes that's all we can do.... Peace, Braidie
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I'm sending up a prayer for you now. I sure hope it's herxing - that's a good thing. Well, at least after you get to feeling better.:)

Take care & I'm thinking of you....Kathi
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm doing very well today, which is par for the course once the little dead beasties get out of my system. Last night was awful, but I took my Klonopin and slept well. Even my old tender spots, which aren't usually tender now, hurt like the dickens. I guess they will always be vulnerable when I'm not feeling well. My neck still hurts where I had viral memingitis over 30 years ago!

I drank so much water that all I did was drink and pee :)
    But, I digress. Thank you all for your prayers and I'll keep y'all updated.

Lifedancer, I just have some kind of enzymes made from papaya which I've had for a long time; it is a huge bottle. I can't even remember where I got it. It's compatible with the Guai and I chew up 2 or 3 with meals and on an empty stomach. With meals, it's supposed to help with digestion. On an empty stomach it's supposed to help clear the blood of fibrin for reducing hypercoagulation.

Love, Mikie
  8. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Get well again my friend send those little bugs out to sea. Ellie
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2003]
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....And of course will send a prayer your way!

Feel better,
    Pam
  10. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Hoping your feeling better, it's no fun feeling lousy, will say a Prayer for you also.
    sharon
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate all your prayers and support. So far, my symptoms are at bay, but the Red Tide lingers here and has been making people and animals very sick for months. I'm getting ready to head up to Atlanta and will be glad to get away from this neurotoxin which also produces an allergic reaction including trouble breathing.

Jody, Doxycycline is the antibiotic I've been taking for more than a year. A Herx is the flu-like sickness we feel when there is a massive dieoff of pathogens in the system. You may have a Herx, or healing crisis, from using your zapper when it kill off pathogens.

Love, Mikie
  12. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

if I remember corectly is a body of Micro organs of somekind.
    I live in So. Ca. and we had them from time to time, the water was putrid, and it stunk. you could see it because it is a reddish blood color, I can't remember why it happen's, but I'm sure Mikie will give us the Info.

That will refresh my mind too. I was in the 7th and 8th grade when it first started, and we swam in the ocean anyway. I often wonder about that, it also had a lot of seaweed with it. we use to play with it on the Beach, gads zooks.

sharon
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Red tide happens when an algae blooms overabundantly and the blooms reach the top of the water. The air dries the blooms and they blow ashore where they make people and animals sick. This stubstance is a neurotoxin which also produces symptoms of allergies and causes respiratory distress. The wind can carry the dried blossoms for miles.

In the water, the blooms produce a neurotoxin which kills sea life. Dead fish wash ashore and the stench is horrible. It is making manatess sick and even family pets.

I find that taking Allegra D helps the allergy symptoms, but the neurotoxin effect makes me very edgy and while I think I'm alert, if I look at what I've typed, I realize it is affecting me cognitiviely.

It does color the water when the blooms become so abundant and can be seen from the air in the Gulf. It's been here for months which is highly unusual.

Love, Mikie
  14. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

This herxing thing sounds pretty scary. Are you talking this because of your mycoplasma only? How long do you normally herx for? Thank you for answering my question about my mycoplasma test yesterday also!! This red sea has been happening in your area for along time. How long does this go on for? No wonder everyone is so sick any more. Good luck to you and I hope you get over this soon. Love Linda
  15. dsames

dsames New Member

Hi Miki:

JUst sent a prayer up for you, and will continue to pray.

With all of us lifting you up, know you will feel better soon.

Love Shirley

16. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Hoping to hear you are feeling better soon.
    Keep on drinking that H2O even if you flood the
    bathroom. smile. Here's to better days ahead.
    CLD