Off to see a lawyer today...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suzan, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Even though I know in my head this is just a step I am being 'forced' to take. And I know it is the right and practical thing to do...

It feels like someone hit me in the stomach with a big hard ball..and knocked the wind right out of me.
    I imagine it is the 'finality' of it all that is so hard.
    Saying outloud...I 'can't and won't ' take this 'abuse' from you anymore...I 'can't and won't' let you take control of MY future......

It seems as though I got LUCKY finding this lawyer...He was reccommended to me by the county atty. I was told he is an 'aggressive' divorce lawyer...turns out he did practice only divorce law for 6 years, he burned out on it. Now he advocates for abused children..and the only divorces he does is by referral...He was so kind...and so supportive on the phone..I am meeting with him at the county atty's private office at 10am..

He got excited when I told him I have a written document from my 'husband' stating that I AM SICK, I CANNOT WORK.
    Hopefully that helps him advocate for me .

I don't know how I will get the courage to do all this..or the strength..but I will.

I cannot be 'thrown away' by this man..and not fight for what is legally mine.

FM is surely making all this MUCH harder. If you are a 'victim' of this know how much stress is your enemy...Well, this much unending really making FM nearly unbearable...daily I fight the pain. But on some strange level..that pain keeps me going.
    How could anyone that 'LOVES" me...abandon me while I suffer with this illness...?????????That certainly is not LOVE in my book.

So..if you read this..send many good thoughts to me at 10am EST....I will need all the good energy out there to make my way thru this step.

TIA for your continuing caring and support!

2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

He said all the right things. He said he will walk by my side thru every step of the journey..either in KY or in WI..he gave me options I didn't know I had.
    He is confindent that I can come out of this financially ok...and maybe even better than I imagined.

I feel like I am more in control of my own life right now..and after a couple weeks of spinning out of sure feels good to feel like I can do this...and be ok in the process.

I feel like he was sent to a time when I needed a hero...

3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I'd make photocopies of tax returns for the past several years. Did the lawyer tell you what to do about the checking account and savings accounts so the $ doesn't just disappear??? The tax returns will have down the amount of interest on various accounts. This is a good way to have some accountability.

Write down your questions. Take along a tablet and pen to write down relevant info.

Stay strong. Soft hugs, Joyfully
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had to go through a sick my only touches a little bit. but exhb was living w/a 25 year old stripper...i was told i had to send my son there even though the father had dui and the things that go along w/being bipolar w/borderline disorder.

if you need to hang up your phone on him do it. then unplugged it from the wall..i would get the worse migraines from the verbal glad i don't have to go thru those years of the verbal and mental abuse by him nor his silly stripper exgf anymore.

best wishes

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm praying for you today....I hope this lawyer is a good fit.