Off to the ortopedic surgeon today-ugg!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Aug 26, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

My left knee has been more bothersome than usual lately, actually quite painful with swelling. I thought it was just osteo acting up but then it got worse and worse so I had an MRI-got a almost completely severed ACL and torn miniscus?(I just know they are ligaments that line your bones under your cartilage)-anyway torn ligaments, 3 in all.

Do not remember going skiing lately-so not sure how I tore my ACL. The only thing I had a happen to me lately was when i dropped the tray on my leg at work, but that was on my shin?---I did twist my knee a bit and told the workman's comp doc that I thought that my knee was hurting more than usual, but he said was probably mt arthritis acting up from my gate being thrown off.

My job is on the line, If I have one more absence before Nov 24th without a 24 hour notice I am terminated. I crashed and burned after my trip to Orlando and had to take last thurs and fri off due to pain in my knee and fatigue. so ladies and gentlemen my days are numbered.

when I see the doc today I will ask if the tray incident would have been enough force to tear acl and then see what he says-if so back to workman's comp doc. If he puts me out of work and I know this is surgical-it will have to start on thursday so I give the 24 hours notice.

so it looks like a little vacation is coming my way-not exactly how I would have ordered it, but none the less a rest huh?

anyway thanks for listening to me whine once again and I hope everyone is doing okay-I have not been on in a while-my computer crashed last week and took a while to get up and running again.

Got to get in the shower-anyone know a good labor law attorney in greensboro area-looks like I might need one or workmans comp before this is all over-I cannot be terminated or can not tap into my bennnefits. Life is a trip and crazy twisted trip

cathy

You guys have been telling me to slow down maybe the big guy up stairs is doing it for me.
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

My left knee has been more bothersome than usual lately, actually quite painful with swelling. I thought it was just osteo acting up but then it got worse and worse so I had an MRI-got a almost completely severed ACL and torn miniscus?(I just know they are ligaments that line your bones under your cartilage)-anyway torn ligaments, 3 in all.

Do not remember going skiing lately-so not sure how I tore my ACL. The only thing I had a happen to me lately was when i dropped the tray on my leg at work, but that was on my shin?---I did twist my knee a bit and told the workman's comp doc that I thought that my knee was hurting more than usual, but he said was probably mt arthritis acting up from my gate being thrown off.

My job is on the line, If I have one more absence before Nov 24th without a 24 hour notice I am terminated. I crashed and burned after my trip to Orlando and had to take last thurs and fri off due to pain in my knee and fatigue. so ladies and gentlemen my days are numbered.

when I see the doc today I will ask if the tray incident would have been enough force to tear acl and then see what he says-if so back to workman's comp doc. If he puts me out of work and I know this is surgical-it will have to start on thursday so I give the 24 hours notice.

so it looks like a little vacation is coming my way-not exactly how I would have ordered it, but none the less a rest huh?

anyway thanks for listening to me whine once again and I hope everyone is doing okay-I have not been on in a while-my computer crashed last week and took a while to get up and running again.

Got to get in the shower-anyone know a good labor law attorney in greensboro area-looks like I might need one or workmans comp before this is all over-I cannot be terminated or can not tap into my bennnefits. Life is a trip and crazy twisted trip

cathy

You guys have been telling me to slow down maybe the big guy up stairs is doing it for me.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear this latest news, you be sure to find out if that knee is caused by that work accident! If it is, then you are on pretty stable ground for benefits.

Will keep you in my thoughts and sending out blessings to you too.

I know we tell you to slow down, but when you really have to, thats another story!

Take care and let us know how things are going for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat New Member

I had surgery on my left knee in December, I didn't have ligament tears though, I have PFS, Patella Femoral Syndrome, in other words, just plain old pain! It is now August and I still have alot of pain and swelling and discomfort, not all the time, but most of the time, I just went back to my Ortho Dr. and he says there is alot of swelling still under the kneecap, great, I also am seeing a ANE, pain management dr for left hip pain, SI joint, he says that my knee is probably not going to heal 100% nor my hip, because like you, my bad knee is throwing off my gait also. NO WIN SITUATION!!

I hope things work out for you, and yes, try to slow down a bit, after years of suffering with this DD, I finally decided to take the time out and try to get healthy, it is for me and no one else, I have a 14 yr old son, and Thank God he can also do for himself, but he does live with his dad during school so I have a little break there, it is hard and sometimes I do feel sorry for myself, but I just try to remember that tomorrow is another day!!

Good Luck at your dr's appt! Wildcat
  5. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

To my Orthopedic. He already sent me for a MRI of My hip. Next I find out if I too need surgery. My hip is not working right at all. I'm tired of all the pain from it. It pops out of socket all the time & I end up on the floor. Wish Me luck,

Robin
  6. sunflowertgp

sunflowertgp New Member

Hi,
    I am new to this board. I was reading your post. Both my knees bother me at times, especially when I sit down to cross one. My big problem now is my right foot, and heel. I have a heel spur, plus achillis tendenitis. I have to get a brace for it friday. That prevents the movement of my foot, and ankle. It just about kills me. I ache everywhere, but my foot is worse now. Thanks for listening......
    Toni