OFF-TOPIC but this could help if you struggle with your weight!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tizz, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Tizz

Tizz New Member

This comes from a bulletin I got from the National Institute of Health:

"An experimental compound appears to improve metabolic abnormalities associated with obesity, according to a preliminary study led by researchers at the National Institutes of Health..."

"This is a promising early step toward a treatment for some of the serious health consequences of obesity," says Kenneth R. Warren, Ph.D..."

"These preliminary findings are very encouraging and warrant further testing of this compound as a potential pharmacotherapy for the metabolic syndrome associated with obesity," said Dr. Tam."

2. Tizz

Tizz New Member

Sorry, Aussiewoman,

I certainly didn't mean to imply that everyone with fibro or CFS is fat!

It's clearly off-topic. But I'm sure there are others (besides me) here who struggle with our weight, and I wanted to share the encouraging research info I'd found.

After all, for those of us who do have weight issues, exercise therapy is unlikely to be a solution (due to the fatigue and limited energy resources).

Personally, I tend to have low blood sugar and that leads carb cravings

[This Message was Edited on 07/26/2010]
  3. Tizz

Tizz New Member

Your point is well taken, about the anorexia being a symptom of ME/CFS.

It seems like that's the most difficult thing, when it comes to fibro and CFS -- there are SO MANY different symptoms of them and, at least so far, I haven't found a single person that seemed to have them ALL!

LOL. It's really good that we can laugh together about these things...

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Actually it says, "marked weight change - anorexia or abnormal appetite" so Aussie, you got one extreme, and many others wound up with the opposite

I have read of people with both issues, but interestingly enough on this board it seems that most of the weight related posts are about gaining
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

tho it 'seems like' so many more gain weight. I know more who have gained than who have lost too much. but it seems like most don't stay in their 'normal' weight range in any case.