Offering Up Prayers For Us

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Y'all know I pray for all of us and for our special requests, but I am also praying that we all get through the holiday season without stress, pain, and fatigue.

I know that this time of year can cause all kinds of problems due to stress, depression, and overdoing it.

My friends, please put yourselves first and take good care of yourselves and get extra rest. Steer clear of shopping crowds because of this nasty flu going around.

The true meaning of our religious holidays often gets lost in the hustle bustle of our busy lives. Slowing down can actually enhance our holiday season and bring us closer to our families.

I am missing out on a trip to NYC for Christmas with my kids because I am fighting the second incarnation of my flu, most likely caused by my trip to Atlanta for Thanksgiving. My doc says that traveling is the biggest reason that flu bugs spread and reactivate. I will be missing my kids at Christmas, but I know I am doing what is best for me.

May God bless each and every one of you through the coming holidays and may the New Year bring us all health, wealth, and happiness.

Love, Mikie
  2. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi Mikie,
    Thanks for the prayers,I know everyone needs them.
    I am very sorry you are missing Christmas with your children. I have a lot of physical problems myself.
    I will remember you in prayer.
    Hugs Shirley