Oh boy is my Dr. gonna be mad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poeticbobbi, Apr 19, 2007.

1. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I have gotten so much enough from all you guys and girls here.I am going to my next doctor appointment with a list.So many tests have never been done,so many meds not tried, but I am ready now!
    Im tired of suffering and feeling crappy so I am on a mission to find what will work for me.
    I had a terrible night last night with the dreaded irritable bowel.The attacks are less frequent but way more severe almost unbearable.Im allergic to one med that takes the edge off, so I drink extra strong ginger tea to get thru the episodes.I am feeling like crap today but the pain is at a dull roar.This sucks!!!
  2. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

i too have gotten so much "ammo" for the docs from this site! i have an appt on monday and boy am i ready! i am really sorry your night was so terrible, are you on any meds for the ibs? what meds do you take that you are allergic to? do you have a diagnosis for fms? <3 Rachel
  3. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

It's a hard thing for me to remember too, but our doctors work for US. It's us who have to be angry when they don't do their job properly. They should just be ashamed.

From that position of power, we should be a bit careful of their overblown egos, however, because we do want their best output now.

(Nice theory, I'm still working on applying it!)
  4. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I was diagnosed about ten yrs ago.And I am allergic to almost all the pain meds.Although the pharmacist said it is some component in the pills, could be anything he said.So I go by trial and error.Itch breakout or not.That sucks ya know.
    The IBS med is hyoscyamine .I am really gonna do an herbal cleanse for the IBS if for no other reason than to completely clean out and rid my body of some of the toxins I know are there.
    I find that for the most part we as a patient have to do the research and tell the doctors what we want done.It is sad but my godfather told me that the doctors are PRACTICING medicine,so what do we expect--lol
    But really I want answers and some relief.[This Message was Edited on 04/19/2007]
  5. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

You go young lady! You have a good idea of what you need. Now calm down and don't try to make him mad, lol. The object of the game is to manipulate him without him knowing it :) No, that is impossible to do most times.

Just let him know that you need, say an "EXTENDED PANEL EBV BLOOD TEST". This is the only test where the results can show you have a reactivation of the EBV. You don't need just a titer test!

Every test you think you need tell him. If he doesn't agree, make him explain, then argue with him and tell him that you are DESPERATE to find out what is making you sick and what may help you!!!!

If he won't do the testing, tell him that you will find someone who will, and IT CAN BE DONE!

Good luck!

Andy
  6. Engel

Engel New Member

oh well
  7. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

i agree with the doctors "practicing"! that is so freakin true. hope your doc works out for you though! go get em! <3 Rachel
  8. gasolo

gasolo New Member

Hi poeticbobbi

Doctors are like all other people. Some great, some ok and some not so good. I think it is very important to find a physician who is compassionate, smart, willing to truely listen to their patients and also recognize their own limitations. If your doctor doesn't meet these criteria then move on and find one who does.
    In my experence, for every doctor who is arrogant, egotistical and greedy, there are 10 doctors who care and try their best to help.
    I think it is quit reasonable to share your research with your physician. A good physician will rewiew the information and then make a decision concerning its application for you. It is possible he or she may disagree and feel uncomfortable with the research and decide not to treat you in that manner. If you insist than probable you should seek out another physician who will. Remember, you are seeking an opinion from the doctor not a mandate to treat you according to your research.
  9. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I have FM and am finally getting better with antiviral medication and an elimination diet following delayed food allergy testing. My Dr says that IBS is always related to delayed food allergies. Most Dr's would never acknowledge this. Check out www.sagemedlab.com and www.4fibromyalgia.com. It's amazing what foods, ingredients and additives can do to you. The most common culprits are cane sugar, wheat and other gluten containing grains, corn, milk, eggs, soy, cinnamon etc..but it can be anything. I have 22 things I must avoid and I never would have guessed 21 of them without this testing and diet.
  10. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Food allergies + Lyme.

That has been what 15 years of my life taken away has been about. Calling it FMS or CFS has been a joke. It wasn't depression, IBS, EBV, or lack of stress management.

Don't stop until you have an answer.