Oh Happy Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barbinindiana, Jul 25, 2006.

1. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I finally had my SSD hearing the 10th of this month, and have been hoping I'd get the answer sooner rather than later. Well, I so very happy to be able to report that my lawyer called this morning to tell me that I won my case! He said I should get a check within 2 to 10 weeks.

I am so relieved. My money was getting so tight that I was feeling like I didn't want to live anymore. I didn't want to live passed my abilty to take care of myself finanically. Now , even though I'm still sick, I feel like I've been given a new lease on life.

I just wanted to tell you all, because it has given me hope every time someone on the board has posted that they have won their case.

I'm not doing anything special today to celebrate, but I'm celebrating inside. It's such a wonderful feeling to know I'm going to be alright with money now.

Barb
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm so very happy for you!! How long from the point you
    lst applied 'til today?? Did you have to go before an ALJ
    hearing? Your story could be a point of encouragement for
    all in the process.

Hopefully you should get a portion or maybe all your re-
    troactive money within 6weeks. I'm sure it will help a
    great deal.

At that time, you can buy us all a "Shirley Temple" or a
    "Buck Rogers" to help you celebrate. I'll be resting up
    for the big day!!

Nice going!
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

It took 2 1/2 years to get to the hearing. I hired a lawyer before I even applied. I made him show my proof that he had won a case for CFS. I had 1 denial, and then my lawyer took over, and put in for my ALJ hearing. I waited way to long before I first applied. I was getting a small pension, and was so sick, that I felt I wasn't able to go thought the stress of trying to get SSD. It wasn't until 4 years after I took an early retirement, and I was just barely making it money wise, that I finally decided I had no choice but to file. It turns out it wasn't nearly as stressful as I had heard it would be. It's been more stress just scrapping by.

I'm now going to allow myself one treat. All the cable tv stations except the movie channels. I'm going to work at getting myself completely out of debt. I don't want to ever be afraid I'll lose everything ever again.

So to anyone that is afraid they can't take the stress, please just get busy and do it. I've lost alot of money by waiting so long.
    Barb

4. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

i'm new at all of this
    so could you answer a question for me? do you have to be disabled for 12 months before you can even apply?

and i am so very happy for you
    barb also
  5. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Sorry I don't know the how long you have to wait. I waited way too long (4 years), because I was so sick I didn't think I could take the stress, and being single, I didn't have anyone to help me get thought it.

Barb
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I'm happy for you.I also got mine in September.

There is hope for all who suffer.

Congratulations.Be happy.

Sue
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

You need to be expected to be able out of work for at least one full year.

My doctor told me to apply 3 month after I got ill .She said the proses takes so long that its best to apply early.

So if your doctor expects you to out at least one full year you can apply now.
    Sue
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It kind of validates the illness,doesn't it.Linda
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

It's a great Feeling!! doesn't cure the illness but makes alot of difference in your security and peace of mind!! mine went through july 2003!! Yea!!!..................................Hugs .............sisland