Oh how times have changed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hawkeye, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Tomorrow is my birthday...now I have been so excited all week long because it is on a Sunday, I don't have to work, I usually work 3-9 at an urgent care clinic on Sundays. It is going to snow big time tomorrow so I have had it all planned out to stay in my jammies, cuddle up with my quilt and watch movies all day long! Heaven!!!

Isn't that a hoot, if you would have told me 20 years ago that I would be ELATED with this boring birthday celebration I would have fainted! I used to be so social.

We are supposed to get 6-8" of snow tomorrow!!

2. elliespad

elliespad Member

For ONCE in my life I will pray for snow. Only for YOU hawkeye. And NEVER again. NO snow for me. I pray you get 2 or three feet, and get Monday off as well !!
  3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Thanks for the prayer for snow! I am wanting lots of it, we usually have more than we have had this year and I am ready.

I already have Monday off for the holiday so while you are at it pray for snow all day Monday so I can have Tuesday off too!!

Woo Hoo!!

4. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Happy Birthday!!!! I spent all day today the same way you are planning to spend tomorrow.....I highly recommend it lol
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

That sounds like a perfect way to spend your Birthday! Don't forget the Ice Cream! and all the other Snacks that go with a Birthday!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It's Been 15 degrees below zero for the last 2 nights up Hear in Montana so i've been indoors and on the Net/couch too!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fun! Hope you Have a great day with a snow day to boot!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope it snows and snows....you Iowans need it! It's been a strange year for you- I grew up in Iowa. It seems we usually had snow by now but then I don't remember El Nino as a kid either. Enjoy your day and tell the twins to be good!
    Love, Terri
  7. larryh

larryh New Member

Happy Birthday from a fellow Iowan. I am hoping for a lot of snow too, but for different reasons. All my life I wanted a 4x4 trk and ever since we bought one it hasn't snowed worth mentioning. Nothing like when I was a kid.

8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Happy Birthday Karen,have a great day watching all those movies.I know what you mean about the social side but as we all know its better to pace,not race.lol.(sad,but true)
    Have a good one,
    Best Wishes,Paul.
  9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Larry...we are almost neighbors!

I live in Council Bluffs!

You new Grandbaby is absolutely darling!!

Thanks to all for wishing me a happy birthday! I have had a very low key day and my parents brought over my present! I got a Comfort-U body pillow! I have been wrapped up in it all day long!! It's been a little slice of heaven.