Oh jeesh, I get so tired of this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dridlen1959, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dridlen1959

dridlen1959 New Member

I was going to say that I am so mad at my fibro that I could spit, but that is not it at all.

I am so tired of the ignorance of the people I am around every day.

My boss was less than, well shall we say, sympathetic today on the phone. I have been trying to find a job that is not so hard on me. I have talked to her every step of the way. I can't work the morning or evening shift at work as it involves lifting and bending for 8 solid hours and I just can't take it anymore, so I went to PRN at work and only do the overnights, and I found a desk job at CASA that is perfect for right now. It is only a few hours a week and no lifting or bending.
    Well they put me on the afternoon shift this weekendat the hospital, I left them a note telling them I can't work this weekend as I had already committed to CASA and I won't work the afternoon shift anyway it is to hard on me.
    Well, the boss called me and was starting on me about howcome one shift was to hard on me and the other wasn't. I wouldn't engage with her though and I told her that I would work overnights, as the kids are all asleep then, and nothing else, and PRN means they ask me first. But this weekend I was committed to CASA. period. no more discussion.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I get so sick of defending myself, of people thinking I am faking for some stupid reason that I have yet to figure out. If i want a job that is not so hard on me, big deal, that is my choice......oh I am mad at the whole situation.

Thanks for listening, I know you guys understand. It just gets old doesn't it.

I still feel lucky that I found a job that I like and that won't leave me feeling like crap when the day is overr. A job that doesn't take me two days to get to feeling better for every day I work. What is with these people making us feel guilty?

Ok, I will go now,
    thanks for listening,

dridlen
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Hi Dridlen,

Even though I am not working any longer I can relate to how you feel. But I thought I'd bump you back to the first page so some of the working folks can respond.

Hugs,
    Deb
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Hi Dridlen,

Even though I am not working any longer I can relate to how you feel. But I thought I'd bump you back to the first page so some of the working folks can respond.

Hugs,
    Deb
  4. bandmom90

bandmom90 New Member

I've been where you are in the past with jerks for bosses. Now I am blessed. It is still hard because people don't really understand pain unless they've been there. I work in a christian daycare with infants and everyone is understanding, but I'm sure get tired of me. My bosss saved my job in the infant room when I was off for 3 months.

I was in a car accident approx. 3 yrs ago and was VERY ill this past fall and winter(still recovering). My pcp is checking me for fms and rheumatoid arthritis. He has to be careful about what meds he gives me beccause I'm on coumadin(anticoagulant).

We are our best advocates when it comes to our health and jobs, etc. Does your boss need some litiature on fms? Keep doing what you know is best for you. Take care.

Hugs
    bandmom
  5. dridlen1959

dridlen1959 New Member

There are a lot of people I should probably give literature to. But then that makes me feel kinda weird also.
    I am only trying to live my life in the most painfree way possible. I don't know why everyone has to have an opinion on what I am doing wrong.

I love coming here because I find the info I need and I find understanding.

dridlen
  6. bandmom90

bandmom90 New Member

when people ask you how you are and you say fine(which I do). Then you have a conversation about how you really are and your asked why you always say "I'm fine" when your not.
    No one gets it. Who really wants to hear "oh I woke up 10 times last night in pain and I'm soooo tired today". Usually I get "I know how you feel I'm tired too" or "oh you poor thing". First off they really don't know that kind of tired and how demeaning is "you poor thing". Sorry about the ranting. I just reread this and find it kinda funny. Sick humor I guess. HA HA. Maybe when we say fine we could really be thinking of something funny and have a weird smile on our face. I don't know. I'll listen anytime.

bandmom
  7. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I just posted in another place on this board what I say to people who ask me how I am, and I think it is appropriate to say it here, too. I hope you all don't mind.:)

What I say is, "I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in!" (I can't claim that I came up with this; my father-in-law gave me this phrase when I expressed to him that I don't know what to say when people ask me that.) It's a phrase that lets people know in a humorous way that I'm not feeling well.

I had a very understanding boss when I was working, but I missed too many days due to FM/CFS, and although my boss still wanted me to work, I finally had to quit about a year and a half ago. My poor ole body couldn't take it anymore!

God bless you!

Debbie