Oh, my aching head!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tinaeve, Mar 4, 2003.

1. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

Most times I feel like if I didn't have to hold my head up I wouldn't hurt so bad.I feel halfway decent until I go to work and use my arms.Then it starts.The spasms in shoulders that go into my neck and up the back of my head.Then I get a terrible headache that won't go away until I can get in my recliner at home and take the weight off of my neck.Does anyone else feel this way? My job is killing me!!
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way when I would come home from work. I thank God everyday that I was able to take early retirement recently. I had worked 30 years and just could not take it one more day. I recently asked my doctor for a CT scan of the neck because my neck and shoulders/arms hurt to badly. It showed a lot of stuff wrong with my neck, like buldging disks, bone spurrs, spinal stenosis, and degenerating disks. You might want to think about asking your doc for a CT scan, too, if you have insurance to cover it. Hope you feel better. I've got to go to bed now, can't sit up much longer due to the pain in my back!
  3. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Welcome to the board Tinaeve. I get that same feeling- I describe it as feeling if my head is a block of concrete & my neck is a daisy stem. Have you tried adjusting your seat at work? I guess I should first be asking if you sit or stand or what at work?
    I worked on a PC all day & found a few things that helped:
    Taking my moniter & putting it on the desk (was on top of hard drive).
    Lowering my seat & tipping the seat part forward to remind me to sit up w/a straight back w/both feet on the floor.
    Some days it was better if I elevated my feet (used a trashcan turned on it's side) so that knees are in line or a little higher than hips.
    Remembering to get up every hr & walk around some & stretch my neck/back gently.
    For pain relief, try a warm shower w/the water hitting the neck/upper back (use low pressure to start if too painful) & then using a 'bed buddy' rice filled sock heated in the microwave & wrapped around my neck w/a heating pad on my upper back/shoulders.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    ***Pixie***